Diesel Engine in the Expedition and F150

NickCarbon

Personally i dont know why Ford has never offered a diesel engine in the expedition and the F150. It could be a smaller toned down diesel and it would probably be a hot seller. I sure as hell would purchase one. Also Ford needs to add more engine options to each of its platforms. All the other competitors do, why should ford be any different. FORD MAKE the Diesel HAPPEN!!

Diesel F150 will be here by this time next year 4.4l V8 315hp. 515ft/lbs

This fits in the Expedition, but there has been no reliable info that Ford is putting it there.

More engine options coming as Ford itself develops new Engine options .. right now the 4.6l and 5.4l are the only V8's ford has .. that will change soon - possibly as early as this winter.

Igor

Edited by igor

Diesel F150 will be here by this time next year 4.4l V8 315hp. 515ft/lbs

I don't know who you have been talking to, but I had lunch today with one of my buddies who is working on the "mid-range" (as it is called inside Ford) diesel. He been working on the "controls" end of this program for several months now.

Anyway, he says vehicle Job 1 (F150) is 2010.5 !

They still don't know where the engine is going to be built, but it is likely to be in a NAFTA country (i.e. not England and not Brazil)

Edited by theoldwizard