Mileage & Gas prices

sprint200

I ordered 07 Expedition Eddie Bauer about a month ago (A plan). Gas prices were around 2.25 per gallon and I wasn't really concerned. Gas is now 3.29 per gallon and now I'm really concerned. The truck is for my wife who commutes around 100 highway miles per day, she's a teacher. I guess my question is what is everyone getting in terms of gas mileage, this will determine whether or not I cancel my order.

I ordered 07 Expedition Eddie Bauer about a month ago (A plan). Gas prices were around 2.25 per gallon and I wasn't really concerned. Gas is now 3.29 per gallon and now I'm really concerned. The truck is for my wife who commutes around 100 highway miles per day, she's a teacher. I guess my question is what is everyone getting in terms of gas mileage, this will determine whether or not I cancel my order.

In the city, I live in Houston, lots of stop and go, plus I drive a little more aggressive than some, I am getting between 12-15 depending on how much I get on the pedal. On the highway I am get 20-21 if I stay 70mph or lower when the wife is riding along, if I go faster than 70 it drops to 18-20 depending on how much of a hurry i am in. Hope this helps. I understand gas prices are higher now, but I wouldnt trade my expedition for anything else. I used to have an explorer, and my expedition is getting better gas mileage than it did.

Edited by NickCarbon

In the city, I live in Houston, lots of stop and go, plus I drive a little more aggressive than some, I am getting between 12-15 depending on how much I get on the pedal. On the highway I am get 20-21 if I stay 70mph or lower when the wife is riding along, if I go faster than 70 it drops to 18-20 depending on how much of a hurry i am in. Hope this helps. I understand gas prices are higher now, but I wouldnt trade my expedition for anything else. I used to have an explorer, and my expedition is getting better gas mileage than it did.

Nick,

I appreciate the reply, we are trading in our Town & Country minivan so I was hoping for similar mileage 18-24 mpg. From your info it's a go. I can't wait for the end of the month so I can take delivery.

I thought I would add my 2 cents worth in since I also have a 07 EB expy. I think you will be happy with the gas mileage with what the expy offers. The 07 is by far the best that Ford has offered. I was happy with my 98 and my 05 but the 07 is really hands down the best made.

I live on the east coast with no hills, mtns, all flat land. I am not an aggressive driver. I average between 21.5 and 21.9 mpg. I think this is great considering what this machine offers in comfort and safety. I think you will love it and believe me, your wife will be safe inside of it.

Mike

What does she haul to and from school everyday?

these high gas prices are for the birds its all bullshit(excuse my french) but that what it is. its a good thing i had a mustang with all that high tech crap on to make it go fast so im used to getting crappy gas mileage. Well not so crappy gas mileage in my eddie b.