Plastic split on my Explorer window gate

Not an uncommon problem. There is a TSB regarding that on Explorer. #04-8-5 released May 04. Calls for replacing the plastic trim peace which also requires painting. Requires about 3 hours labor with additional time required to allow paint/adhesive to cure. Might be an all day job. No part pricing shown. If there is any warranty coverage its under the 3/36. Other than that your SOL.

Not an uncommon problem. There is a TSB regarding that on Explorer. #04-8-5 released May 04. Calls for replacing the plastic trim peace which also requires painting. Requires about 3 hours labor with additional time required to allow paint/adhesive to cure. Might be an all day job. No part pricing shown. If there is any warranty coverage its under the 3/36. Other than that your SOL.

I am definately out of warranty with 60k on it. For an undamaged part to just crack is bunk. I bought this from Edmunds.com. It was an Explorer they bought for a long term test drive.

I think I will post pictures of this spontanious cracking on the update for the vehicle. I am very dissapointed in this.

I've also noticed that the gloss on the door trims has started peeling at the top of each piece. I've seen this on a bunch of Windstars and Excursions in our area. We are in the desert and I think the parts are getting too hot.

Thanks for you reply.

I am definately out of warranty with 60k on it. For an undamaged part to just crack is bunk. I bought this from Edmunds.com. It was an Explorer they bought for a long term test drive.

I think I will post pictures of this spontanious cracking on the update for the vehicle. I am very dissapointed in this.

I've also noticed that the gloss on the door trims has started peeling at the top of each piece. I've seen this on a bunch of Windstars and Excursions in our area. We are in the desert and I think the parts are getting too hot.

Thanks for you reply.

I'm not exactly sure why you would have to paint this peice. You could just order it. They come already painted.

I believe that would be covered regardless of your truck being past warranty. This issue has been a big problem on the explorers; as mine had this problem. Go to your dealer and push the issue. I'm sure Ford will cover it. The truck will be held up for a day or two while the repair it. Good luck!