Sheldon Road Sale

PC sent a letter out yesterday saying that Valeo is not interested in buying Sheldon Road at this time. This followed intense bargaining between Valeo and the local BC. The sticking points were wages and benefits. Valeo pays $10.75 at their plant in Hamilton, OH and wanted that rate at SRP. The production population is mostly Visteon supplementals at $14.50. Their pullout may just be a bargaining ploy, figuring that things will change around September and they will have more leverage. Supposedly, the head of Valeo NA was heard to say something to the effect of --we'll open a plant down the road and bury you. Hmmm Anyway, the ACH plant are watching these negotiations because they may well set the precedence for all the ACH plant which are sold. Have not heard a word about this in the media so far but battle may be brewing. Stay tuned............

The days of $25.00 to $30.00 an hour jobs are quickly disappearing. When I was in college in 2000-2004 one of my Professors told us that if we wanted to even think about living like our parents are, we'd have to work 3 full time jobs. Impossible I know. I'm working 3 part-time jobs right now and can't even clear $10,000 for a year. My hours vary so that makes a difference, but still it's frustrating.

The days of $25.00 to $30.00 an hour jobs are quickly disappearing. When I was in college in 2000-2004 one of my Professors told us that if we wanted to even think about living like our parents are, we'd have to work 3 full time jobs. Impossible I know. I'm working 3 part-time jobs right now and can't even clear $10,000 for a year. My hours vary so that makes a difference, but still it's frustrating.

Commuting to three different jobs with gas at $3.49 a gallon, for less than $10,000 this is a shame!

• 2 weeks later...
PC sent a letter out yesterday saying that Valeo is not interested in buying Sheldon Road at this time. This followed intense bargaining between Valeo and the local BC. The sticking points were wages and benefits. Valeo pays $10.75 at their plant in Hamilton, OH and wanted that rate at SRP. The production population is mostly Visteon supplementals at $14.50. Their pullout may just be a bargaining ploy, figuring that things will change around September and they will have more leverage. Supposedly, the head of Valeo NA was heard to say something to the effect of --we'll open a plant down the road and bury you. Hmmm Anyway, the ACH plant are watching these negotiations because they may well set the precedence for all the ACH plant which are sold. Have not heard a word about this in the media so far but battle may be brewing. Stay tuned............

I was just wondering what they are offering at Sheldon Road.I work at Sandusky ACH and there are talks of are plant being bought.I was wondering how flowback was working out for your plant also.I know of several transfers here but they are still unable to exhaust the list.I know of a few with there destination plant but no starting date.thanx

I was just wondering what they are offering at Sheldon Road.I work at Sandusky ACH and there are talks of are plant being bought.I was wondering how flowback was working out for your plant also.I know of several transfers here but they are still unable to exhaust the list.I know of a few with there destination plant but no starting date.thanx

Most of the production that wanted to leave have gone or have a date. Only electricians have flowed. Soon the Power Service/Refrigeration will be going to Research & Engineering in Dearborn. Nothing on any other trades as of now. All's still quiet about Valeo still. But I'm convinced they're not going away. Maybe just waiting to see what the Delphi deal will be. Stay tuned...