New Truck Question

wildcat_1

All

As many of you know I picked up my truck on Tuesday and have been letting the wife drive it around town for the past week. My question is what is the break in period and when should I start to see a MPG increase. Right now I'm lucky if we see 12mpg. I have not had any of the TSB's completed on the vehicle yet (mirrors or transmission).

Mine is the EB 4x4 with Heavy Duty Trailer

Hoping I will get close the at least the 17's people have been getting

Thanks

WC

All

As many of you know I picked up my truck on Tuesday and have been letting the wife drive it around town for the past week. My question is what is the break in period and when should I start to see a MPG increase. Right now I'm lucky if we see 12mpg. I have not had any of the TSB's completed on the vehicle yet (mirrors or transmission).

Mine is the EB 4x4 with Heavy Duty Trailer

Hoping I will get close the at least the 17's people have been getting

Thanks

WC

Hi wildcat. Congratulations on the new truck! :happy feet: Most new owners say they see slow improvements in MPG through the first 1,000 to 5,000 (some say even more) miles of driving.

New engine technology has such close build tolerances, that it can take that long for full break in. You will probably see your 17MPG, assuming you drive conservatively. Of course, any heavy footed driving will drop your MPG's.

Best of luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi wildcat. Congratulations on the new truck! :happy feet: Most new owners say they see slow improvements in MPG through the first 1,000 to 5,000 (some say even more) miles of driving.

New engine technology has such close build tolerances, that it can take that long for full break in. You will probably see your 17MPG, assuming you drive conservatively. Of course, any heavy footed driving will drop your MPG's.

Best of luck! :beerchug:

Congrats on your new ride, I just picked mine up last tuesday and as of now only have 150 miles on it, as hard as it is not to drive it everynight to work I have made a effert to drive my Focus back and forth to work to try and keep my miles down for awhile. I have averaged 20,000 a year for some time now on my vehicles and this new one will be the same very soon. Planed trip to Orlando this summer, many trips to northern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky for a family reunion. All this before Labor day, all in my expy. Mine is reading 13.4 GPM as of now but I have been very easy on the gas pedal lol. I will be gratfull to see 17 to 18 on the Highway with this new 6R transmission. If your truck has just been built I do not think you have a TSB on your transmission or anything else. Enjoy your ride and thank you for supporting Ford Motor Company and Southeastern Michigan. Mark from Canton