Questions about Navigation Radio in 07/08 models

clymans

I bought an 08 Expedition Limited on Moday and so far I am extremely happy with the vehicle. I have two questions about Nav/Radio package with Sirious.

1) What the hell does the phone button do?

2) Is there song/artist alert functionality on the sirius radio that is part of the Nav package? It appears that you can do it on the non-Nav radio, but I haven't found a way to do it on the Nav unit.

Any info would be appreciated. I looked through the manual and it wasn't much help on these two questions.

I'll have to test out the phone button more. I haven't noticed it doing anything yet when I push it regardless of what source I have playing.

You hit it right on the money with what I was asking for regarding the song/artist seek. It seems odd that the non-navigation radio can do this, but the Nav radio can't. That functionality is something I used pretty heavily on my sirius in my previous vehicle.

Overall, I love the vehicle. These were just some questions I had and couldn't find info anywhere on the Internet.

Thanks for the response.

Edited by clymans

I'll have to test out the phone button more. I haven't noticed it doing anything yet when I push it regardless of what source I have playing.

You hit it right on the money with what I was asking for regarding the song/artist seek. It seems odd that the non-navigation radio can do this, but the Nav radio can't. That functionality is something I used pretty heavily on my sirius in my previous vehicle.

Overall, I love the vehicle. These were just some questions I had and couldn't find info anywhere on the Internet.

Thanks for the response.

The phone button did nothing for me until I had the Mobile-Ease Bluetooth system installed, but even after that it does nothing; it only seems to auto switch to it during a phone call

Does the mobile-ease inetgrate smoothly into the system? Does it send the call through the speakers and use the voice command microphone? Did you have the dealer install it? Was it worth the cost?

I had the dealer install it, yes it did integrate into the factory radio and navigation system. yes the sound comes over the radio speakers. It uses it’s own separate microphone that was part of the installation, it did not make use of the factory microphone of the radio and navigation system that was already there on the rearview mirror.

I am pleased with it, however, I have a Verizon Blackberry 8703e and from time to time the Bluetooth connection will not sync when I enter the vehicle and when synced it will drop out of sync and back-in again, but this has never happened during a call, only while in the standby mode.

I am taking it back because it only turns on with the key in the on/run position and does not work in the ACC position despite the fact I brought the Run/ACC jumper accessory.

You need three items

Mobile-ease™ Hands Free System

Part Number: 3W4Z-19G399-AA

MSRP: $392.11

Mobile-ease™ Hands Free System, Connector Wiring Harness

Part Number: 3W4Z-14A411-AA

MSRP: $50.00

Mobile-ease™ Hands Free System, RUN/ACC Jumper

Part Number: 7L2Z-14A411-A

MSRP: $16.73