What's the REAL deal on 2008 FEH orders? What is fact, what is fiction?

mbagsb

Maybe this thread will get things going... maybe someone from Ford will weigh in. Is anybody in Dearborn (i.e. the ivory towers) paying attention to the impact and lack of concern for their customers?

What have you heard about lead times on customer orders for a 2008 FEH?

What has your experience been?

I'll start...

I ordered in June. I was told then that I'd have the vehicle in 10 - 12 weeks. My order has been first in line since then and this is what I've heard since... from my dealer... what is fact, what is fiction

1) The NYC announcement that their cabs had to convert to FEHs has pushed back all of the customer orders

2) It's taking up to 6 months to fulfill an order

3) The delay in the orders has to do with the shutdown of the plant

4) Ford ran out of moonroofs so that is the delay

5) There isn't a single FEH within 1,000 miles of here

What have I heard from other dealers?

1) We are getting FEHs in every few weeks

2) We can get you an order in about 6 - 8 weeks

3) We can definitely locate one for you

Sounds like their allocation is holding you up. You might want to think about placing your order with a larger dealer, in a larger city.

I live in a major metro area... one of the top five largest cities in the country.

Maybe this thread will get things going... maybe someone from Ford will weigh in. Is anybody in Dearborn (i.e. the ivory towers) paying attention to the impact and lack of concern for their customers?

What have you heard about lead times on customer orders for a 2008 FEH?

What has your experience been?

I'll start...

I ordered in June. I was told then that I'd have the vehicle in 10 - 12 weeks. My order has been first in line since then and this is what I've heard since... from my dealer... what is fact, what is fiction

1) The NYC announcement that their cabs had to convert to FEHs has pushed back all of the customer orders

2) It's taking up to 6 months to fulfill an order

3) The delay in the orders has to do with the shutdown of the plant

4) Ford ran out of moonroofs so that is the delay

5) There isn't a single FEH within 1,000 miles of here

What have I heard from other dealers?

1) We are getting FEHs in every few weeks

2) We can get you an order in about 6 - 8 weeks

3) We can definitely locate one for you

Hi, I ordered an FEH on June 6, initially the dealer quoted 6-8 weeks (=Delivery in early August) Now the dealer says that it will be probably built in late Sept. with delivery in early Oct. He says his region has an allocation of 20 FEH in Sept and I am one of those 20. He also mentioned the moonroof problem but since mine doesn't have that option, it shouldn't affect my order.

I ordered mine on June 28th. I was just informed by the dealer that I was number 35 in line for allocation. But it will still be sometime in Jan. before I get my new vehicle.

I am not happy about this. Especially since I paid for it.

Nothing personal, but you're waiting over 6 months for an Escape??!! Either shop another dealer or reconsider your choice. Ford better get on the ball and get more supply out there....VERY FEW cars are worth waiting that long for, and the Escape ain't one of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well,

After waiting exactly four months, we finally took delivery of our new Escape...nice vehicle, right off the bat I need to adjust the left front door striker as it is quite hard to close.

I spoke to one of the owners of the dealership, he tells me that there is now an 8 month wait on an Escape, they can't order one for their stock and they need a cash deposit in order to have a zone rep do the order. This is just insane to me...I'm extremely disapointed that Ford chose to add two name plates to a limited supply of certain parts. This makes the wait extreme for the Ford product (lowest price of the three). Although from a business point of view, this may make sense, but from a customer point of view this sucks.

Good luck to all, I have a letter to write to Ford about this 'journey'...

Here is what I don't get! Ford just ran in the Detroit News today a Full Page Color Ad for the Escape Hybrid. There are none to be had around here. Mercury is still running ads on TV for the Mariner Hybrid. Same story here on the Mariner. None available! If what is being said an 8 month wait and have a cash deposit down before it can be ordered, Ford is wasting their ad monies on these hybrid vehicles that are not readily available. Go figure! They need to get their act together. These kind of tactics will only alienate prospective customers who think the can just go to a Ford or Mercury dealer and buy one and get it in a reasonable amount of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the availability of the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid on dealerships' lots.

Due to a national rail car shortage, delivery of vehicles from the assembly plants may be delayed for several weeks. All manufacturers of durable goods are affected by the situation. Ford Motor Company is working with the railways to resolve this situation as quickly as possible and appreciates your patience and understanding.

Moreover, we recommend that you stay in contact with your local Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealerships regarding this matter. They are in the best position to advise you of vehicle availability. To locate a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury dealership, please visit:

www.genuineservice.com

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,

Harold

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

• 1 month later...