My New 08 - NOT!

gooddog59

My 08 was shipped to the Houston area on June 23, scheduled to arrive on July 09. Yesterday, after being more than a month overdue I get the call:

TOTAL LOSS - FLOOD DAMAGE.

This makes it 0 for 2 since April including the 07 ordered and then cancelled by the factory.

I can almost hear my 97 Expy snickering in the garage.

Edited by gooddog59

My 08 was shipped to the Houston area on June 23, scheduled to arrive on July 09. Yesterday, after being more than a month overdue I get the call:

This makes it 0 for 2 since April including the 07 ordered and then cancelled by the factory.

Might be a sign...Buy Toyota....

That's a bummer. But, could be a good thing. There's no rebates on 08's right now. So, if you have to wait another couple of months for a new one to be built and delivered, you might save a little money.

As for Gomer's comment about gettin a Toyota...Fuggheddaboutit! :redcard:

Edited by Rob052067

My dealer has offered an expedited reorder of the vehicle priced at dealer invoice.

I can't see doing much better unless Ford starts incentives in the late fall. Does anyone have info on possible incentives in the near future?

Oh yeah, if anyone tries to sell you a "new, with slight mildew odor" 2008 with serial number 000179, call the cops - there is a lot of title-washing of flood cars especially from Katrina. Not all states share their flood-damaged databases.

Edited by gooddog59