Monroe news

Jimmy G

just ask about the nickel fund, where did that money go ? somebody took it. or 'mishandled it'

according to the 'blade' our wonderful president didn't even know the plant was closing.

sabotage ?

i come to work everyday and do the best i can, yet it doesn't matter.

If I could I would like to give my 2 cents worth about local 723......First of all the local prez before he was prez he drove the tow truck around the plant.....at the peak of the newspaper strike he ALWAYS had the most recent copy of the SCAB paper on person..I confronted him about that then and he gave a lame ass excuse to why he HAD to read it. then when he ran for Prez I confronted him again about the same issue and he Lied and said he never read the scab paper...hmmmmmm looks like everything flows full circle sooner or later. As far as Jody I think he is doing the best he can and yes Rainman ( aka Dennis P.) You at least tell the people everything you know at the time and being just a comm man thats not much..the people much higher up try to keep people like him in the dark. Ike I hope everyone that you convinced to stay and not transfer...well lets just hope when they get behind on their bills you will do the right thing and pay their bills for them ( there has to be a price to pay for giving people false hope!!!!) Ayone there that did not see this coming just plain old had their heead burried deep in the sand.... Good luck to all And I hope to see some of you up in the " Golden Child" soon

:happy feet: :speedie::violin: :rip: :banmolest: :beatdeadhorse:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabotaging equipment to make work harder on your co workers?

now i know, is that what you think? or what you were told ?

no, ike and co. was wrong, and i told them that. lower senority asswipe made up a story to get start time away. and the piece of shit union believed him.

surprise is this person is a KNOWN liar, and yet the union protect POS's like him. another strange thing is, this same said person never shows up to work and has a very, very, bad record for fucking the line up, yet he is protected....

wonder why i know the local is worthless ?

I did/do my job, Dennis. I have no regrets about any of my actions working there. If you doubt that, ask any of the set-up, operators, or engineers in my area about my work ethic.

I don't pretend to know what goes on in all of your conversations, so don't presume to know what I have been told about the confidentiality agreements. If I have the wrong information, then i was given bad information by somebody that supposidly had to sign it. And, about the union meetings. I am unable to attend during the week. Some people have young children at home, and spouses that work. Not everybody can make it.

I am not going to get into this with you. You are one of the last people I have respect for across the street. You have always been strait with me as far as I know.

this is not Dennis

Most people were trying to do something to keep jobs in Monroe. Can you look in the mirror and say that you did anything to keep the work or did you have the blinders on? Staying involved with the issues would help.

Dennis if I was you I wouldn't ask this question.....why yoiu ask?????? because I remember when you ran the marriage melton for the winstar line you ran the hell out of it 9 that was all good and well BUT>>>>>>> you also snuck out 4 hrs early everyday too!!!! So I ask you....Did you help drive the nails in the coffin yourself?????? I know I know you where not the only one....hundred followed...but where you part of the solution or part of the problem?????

Dennis if I was you I wouldn't ask this question.....why yoiu ask?????? because I remember when you ran the marriage melton for the winstar line you ran the hell out of it 9 that was all good and well BUT>>>>>>> you also snuck out 4 hrs early everyday too!!!! So I ask you....Did you help drive the nails in the coffin yourself?????? I know I know you where not the only one....hundred followed...but where you part of the solution or part of the problem?????

again this is not Dennis.

Most people were trying to do something to keep jobs in Monroe. Can you look in the mirror and say that you did anything to keep the work or did you have the blinders on? Staying involved with the issues would help.

what you fail to understand is there was nothing to save, Ike. maybe you failed to realise it, or even see it from your office. no worries, as you will probably be headed to international when its all said and done. youve been a lackey for years. you deserve it.

Jodi wasnt the only one pressuring everybody to stay. they had a motive. they were behind the scene trying to negotiate a seperate site for the converters so they could remain in thier cushy office jobs. they also didn't want to lose any more dues. temps pay almost half the dues of a regular member. somebody has to pay for thier monthly expense accounts. never understood why a committe person needs an expense allotment anyway. well it fell through and the membership are the ones that are going to pay for it now. everybody in the hall will have one way tickets to solidarity house. why is it the membership is getting smaller but the international gets bigger?

Jodi wasnt the only one pressuring everybody to stay. they had a motive. they were behind the scene trying to negotiate a seperate site for the converters so they could remain in thier cushy office jobs. they also didn't want to lose any more dues. temps pay almost half the dues of a regular member. somebody has to pay for thier monthly expense accounts. never understood why a committe person needs an expense allotment anyway. well it fell through and the membership are the ones that are going to pay for it now. everybody in the hall will have one way tickets to solidarity house. why is it the membership is getting smaller but the international gets bigger?

I can assure you that no one on this committee ever told or pressured anyone to stay. Better yet I will bet whatever you want if you can find someone that was told by me RAMEY BOTELER that they should stay!!!!! I will tell you that alot of people were asking me what I was doing. I told them that I was not going anywere.

#1 i didnt like the way i had to pick zones and be subject to all the plants in whatever zone/zones I picked.

#2 I want to stay at Monroe as long as I can. ( I think the whole committee feels the same way)

About your berhind the scene talks--I wasnt part of the talks, but even if there was a greenfield sight, I dont think we would be the committee in there. it would be people that work in that new building. so that goes to show you that we are no different than you.

if you think that you can do a better job please feel free to PM me your name and I will let you fill in for me the next time i have a day off.

oh and another thing about the expense checks, thats nothing, try telling your wife that you just gave up $20,00 to $30,000 a year in overtime just so you can try to defend yourself on bullshit like this!!!!!

again feel free to PM me with your name and I will see to it that you feel in for me. I dont even know you, but hell you claim that we suck so maybe you can do a better job!!!!!!!!

have a nice day!!!

Edited by rainman01

Well Rainman... Please tell us your opinion on our chairman's strong recommendations NOT to sign the flowback. I do not believe this, but lets just say maybe this is a surprise to him, do you feel he still should have been giving such advice?

Jodey never said anything about trying to keep people here to me and im on the committee at monroe.

did you talk to Jodey face to face??? or is this something that you heard that so and so said that their dad talked to his sister and whos husband works at monroe and was told by Jodey to stay?? because there seems to be alot of rumors as of late.

Jodey never said anything about trying to keep people here to me and im on the committee at monroe.

did you talk to Jodey face to face??? or is this something that you heard that so and so said that their dad talked to his sister and whos husband works at monroe and was told by Jodey to stay?? because there seems to be alot of rumors as of late.

I worked at the Monroe plant for many years and have now retired. Not to totaly disagree with you however at the informational meeting I attended last fall Jody, while trying to be positve may have sent the wrong mesage. Even the international rep said after Jody spoke that the reality was the plant would be closed or sold by the end of 08. That of couse is what is now come to be. I have spoke to many people who felt that based on what Jody was saying their jobs whould be saved for many years past the 08 time frame. Perhaps it was there own take on it but the fact is they made decisons based on what the union leadership was saying. And as far as the other commitee persons, I was present on two ocasions where reps said and I quote "we are recomending that the members turn down offers to flowback as we think it will convince the company to keep the plant open". Comments like that have caused a lot of people to stay when they could have flowed to a Ford plant by now. As it stands at present there will be many people not getting another oportunity for work elswhere. I pray it will work out for evreybody but I have my doubts!!

No Ramey, it was a family member, whom I will leave out. He took his papers in on the final day , and Jodey specifically told him "if I were you, I would tell the company to stick those papers up their a*s ". He then threw them in the trash, trusting Jodey's recomendations. I have always liked Jodey as a person, but I have to say, I feel like he made a HUGE mistake that may result in a lot of people being "screwed".

No Ramey, it was a family member, whom I will leave out. He took his papers in on the final day , and Jodey specifically told him "if I were you, I would tell the company to stick those papers up their a*s ". He then threw them in the trash, trusting Jodey's recomendations. I have always liked Jodey as a person, but I have to say, I feel like he made a HUGE mistake that may result in a lot of people being "screwed".

Whats done is done,I hope they are working on getting the list back so our people who didn't sign will get a chance now that the final word on the plant is out there for everyone who didn't know now does.

I worked at the Monroe plant for many years and have now retired. Not to totaly disagree with you however at the informational meeting I attended last fall Jody, while trying to be positve may have sent the wrong mesage. Even the international rep said after Jody spoke that the reality was the plant would be closed or sold by the end of 08. That of couse is what is now come to be. I have spoke to many people who felt that based on what Jody was saying their jobs whould be saved for many years past the 08 time frame. Perhaps it was there own take on it but the fact is they made decisons based on what the union leadership was saying. And as far as the other commitee persons, I was present on two ocasions where reps said and I quote "we are recomending that the members turn down offers to flowback as we think it will convince the company to keep the plant open". Comments like that have caused a lot of people to stay when they could have flowed to a Ford plant by now. As it stands at present there will be many people not getting another oportunity for work elswhere. I pray it will work out for evreybody but I have my doubts!!

Well with comments the union likes to say to deliberately mislead it's rank and file. Is it any wonder why there is a union left? I saw the ship sinking last year at Sterling and it's because of the unions' direction in general on why I walked out with money in my pockets!

It sure seems to me that this union down at Monroe is only in it for themselves and that's it. AND THEY KNOW IT TOO!

one more thing, rainman, or should i say ramey ?

your one lousy union rep. not only do you chose to sit in the bosses office all day and look at bow mags, you cant even represent the people that do need you.

maybe you should stay out of todd's butthole.

then again you fit right in over there!

I sure would like to know how HOT it will get in your plant this week?

I wonder if some people over there are still "in denial" also... Ask around.

Still in Denial here!!!! Even If and when Our doors close. I will stick by our Local and International Union. I have almost ten years in and I know my job is not to secure, but if not for putting our trust in OUR UNION where would we be? . Making 10.00 dollars an hour with no bennies!!!!! Lets put our trust in OUR UNION. NOT everyone is going to be happy, I will probably be one of them,BUT ALL OF US, NEED TO STAND STRONG AND STICK TOGETHER, IT ALWAYS GETS WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER. SO PLEASE STOP BASHING THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED YOU MAKE THE LIVING THAT YOU DO!!!!!! AND YES FORD MOTOR COMPANY PAYS US, BUT THE WAGES WE MAKE ARE NOT OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF THEIR HEARTS. THEY ARE BECAUSE WE STAND STRONG AND FOUGHT FOR EVERY DIME. So remember this the next time you bash LOCALS AND INTERNATIONAL.

Still in Denial here!!!! Even If and when Our doors close. I will stick by our Local and International Union. I have almost ten years in and I know my job is not to secure, but if not for putting our trust in OUR UNION where would we be? . Making 10.00 dollars an hour with no bennies!!!!! Lets put our trust in OUR UNION. NOT everyone is going to be happy, I will probably be one of them,BUT ALL OF US, NEED TO STAND STRONG AND STICK TOGETHER, IT ALWAYS GETS WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER. SO PLEASE STOP BASHING THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED YOU MAKE THE LIVING THAT YOU DO!!!!!! AND YES FORD MOTOR COMPANY PAYS US, BUT THE WAGES WE MAKE ARE NOT OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF THEIR HEARTS. THEY ARE BECAUSE WE STAND STRONG AND FOUGHT FOR EVERY DIME. So remember this the next time you bash LOCALS AND INTERNATIONAL.

When our former chairman saw the writing on the wall he retired and got hid daughter this job http://www.unionfacts.org/unions/unionOffi...p;lname=BURNETT I wish I had a daddy with connections!!!!! wishing I could get a 40% raise in one year as the rest of us suffer!!!! And don't even try to tell me she earned this job!!!!!!

Edited by Monroe B Gone

When our former chairman saw the writing on the wall he retired and got hid daughter this job http://www.unionfacts.org/unions/unionOffi...p;lname=BURNETT I wish I had a daddy with connections!!!!! wishing I could get a 40% raise in one year as the rest of us suffer!!!! And don't even try to tell me she earned this job!!!!!!

Lisa is good people and she is a good servicing rep.

Whats done is done,I hope they are working on getting the list back so our people who didn't sign will get a chance now that the final word on the plant is out there for everyone who didn't know now does.

I dont wanna see anyone lose there job, but if you didnt sign the last time you are a FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!, i know alot of people that worked there, a few that are still there. It actualy sounds as if the some remaining people there cant go anywhere cause of there restrictions and work record. I hope all are gonna be safe but they should of signed along time ago.

I dont wanna see anyone lose there job, but if you didnt sign the last time you are a FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!, i know alot of people that worked there, a few that are still there. It actualy sounds as if the some remaining people there cant go anywhere cause of there restrictions and work record. I hope all are gonna be safe but they should of signed along time ago.

I agree 100%,I have two family members that didn't sign after I called them everyday and stressed the issue.I just hope they get another chance if not I wish them the best.I have had someone working in that plant in my family since 1954 and to see the messed up situation that those people and there families may go throughin the future if they don't get another flowback list sickens me,I hope all make it out to a Ford plant eventually.

And don't even try to tell me she earned this job!!!!!!

She didn't deserve the Apprenticeship she received, or the appointed job she had while she was still here.

If she hadn't been the building chairman's daughter, she would have been on the line. Same goes for his son-in-law.