Cargo liner question

dwg

Does anyone have experience with cargo liners for the 2008 Escape Hybrid. I am trying to determine the difference between the Ford liner and the Huskey liner. I know that the Ford liner only comes in black while the Husky comes in three colors. I am wondering how they fit. The liner in the Ford catalog does not look like it form fits to the cargo area.

Does anyone have experience with cargo liners for the 2008 Escape Hybrid. I am trying to determine the difference between the Ford liner and the Huskey liner. I know that the Ford liner only comes in black while the Husky comes in three colors. I am wondering how they fit. The liner in the Ford catalog does not look like it form fits to the cargo area.

I bought one for my 07 Mariner (not Hybrid). Overall, it's okay. The plastic liner with its raised edges will actually conform with the contours of the cargo area. Thing I don't like about it is that anything I put there will slide around. I had a carpeted cargo liner for my 01 Mountaineer before. I liked it much better.

I've had a Husky in my Explorer for seven years. With the raised lip it catches all the mess and liquids that spill keeping the carpet looking new. Well worth the cost. Mine is beige matching the interior. Probably costs less through a independent dealer vs. Ford.

• 1 month later...

I've got Huskey liners all around (front, middle and cargo) for my '08 FEH. I can say that every one of them is form to fitted. I highly recommend them and have gotten comments on how nice they fit in with the interior.

As for the color, my FEH is Titanium Grey with the Stone leather interior. The stock carpet color is dark grey in the passenger area and stone (light tan) in the cargo area. I bought the grey colored liners all around (before I took delivery of the FEH). If I had to do it over again, I'd probably order the grey ones for the front and middle (passenger floorboards) and a tan one for the rear.

I found the price of the Huskey to be less than the Genuine Ford on the whole.

On a slightly related note, I have a dog that rides in the back section (all rear seats folded down) all the time. Since I hate trying to get dog hair out of automobile carpet, I bought some of this from U-Haul ( http://store.uhaul.com/product_detail.aspx?id=2338) and put down a layer on the back of the rear seats and the stock cargo mat. It's worked great and all I have to do is brush or vacuum and it all looks like new (it's the same concept as the old plastic sofa cover but much thinner and hardly noticeable when the seats are folded back up).

Edited by MyPart

MyPart,

Thanks for the information. I will probably go with the Husky liner. I actually ordered the Ford liner but did not take it because it required triming the liner and there are two square cut outs for floor hooks which are on the regular Escape but not on the hybrid. This leaves some of the carpet exposed and takes away some of the floor space.

MyPart,

Thanks for the information. I will probably go with the Husky liner. I actually ordered the Ford liner but did not take it because it required triming the liner and there are two square cut outs for floor hooks which are on the regular Escape but not on the hybrid. This leaves some of the carpet exposed and takes away some of the floor space.

No modification is needed on the Husky liner. The cargo area of the '08 FEH is not the same as the '08 FE (non-hybrid). This is why I went with husky in the first place as they were the only one's I could find that had a hybrid specific part number.

You'll love them.