2009 F-150 Diesel?

ray101988

Hey. I read something really interesting in my Truck Trend magazine today. It said that Ford is going to put the new 6.4L Powerstroke V8 TD (350hp, 650 lbs-ft of torq) in the F-150 for 2009, not the 4.4 TD from landrover. interesting eh? They didn't say it was rumored to be in it. They said it would be in it. They said it would be released in 2009 for the 2010 model yr. So whats everyone think? This a good or bad thing having the bigger diesel in it? Won't F250 sales be effected?

Edited by ray101988

Hey. I read something really interesting in my Truck Trend magazine today. It said that Ford is going to put the new 6.4L Powerstroke V8 TD (350hp, 650 lbs-ft of torq) in the F-150 for 2009, not the 4.4 TD from landrover. interesting eh? They didn't say it was rumored to be in it. They said it would be in it. They said it would be released in 2009 for the 2010 model yr. So whats everyone think? This a good or bad thing having the bigger diesel in it? Won't F250 sales be effected?

I noticed that too, I took it as a missprint, or something. I don't see any way that the 6.4 would or even could end up in the F150, I don't think there is enough room to pack it in there. Ford had to extend the nose a little on the Super Duty to get it and all 7 radiators under the hood.

I noticed that too, I took it as a missprint, or something. I don't see any way that the 6.4 would or even could end up in the F150, I don't think there is enough room to pack it in there. Ford had to extend the nose a little on the Super Duty to get it and all 7 radiators under the hood.

Is there any way to contact them or see if it was a missprint? I mean your prolly right, but anything is possible since its a complete redesign i guess. I heard it was suppose to be longer and higher. The thing that I'm not sure about is that they had the horsepower and torque there and everything. If it was a missprint wouldn't they have has the hp/torque for the 4.4 td? It would be nice to know what they meant lol.

No way, not only will it not fit, what about the tranny, the torque shift wont fit either. What about the rearend, and leaf springs? The hole front end suspension would'nt support the added weight, let alone the boxed frame, it would twist up and not deflect back from all the torque. Just my opinion..... I have seen the 09 with only the 4.6 3 valve, not a whole lot of room left .

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty unlikely that Ford would put a 6.4 diesel in an F150 because of the torque and size issues.

Not sure why some people keep thinking the 4.4 is a Land Rover engine. The 4.4 diesel isn't even used in any LR and the engine that is, was designed by Ford of Europe and PSA, not LR.