Open letter to Mr. Ford, Mr. Mullaly

Mr Ford, Mr Mullaly,

Many of the structural and financial changes that are being made with regards to Ford Motor Company are indeed necessary cuts. You and I both know this, however, there are many who do not fully understand the intricasies of the auto business well enough to fully evaluate the variables that drive these decisions.

Ford is a successful company in nearly every respect; it has reinvented itself many times throughout the last century, such as when Mr. Henry Ford revolutionized operations by bringing in the "Whiz Kids" during the 1920's and 30's.

Any successful businessman knows that keeping overhead low is the key to success. I have been dismayed at the apparent greed exerted by the UAW, as it seems obvious that the Unions continue to demand more and more from the Company without regard for the company's overall fiscal health. I firmly believe that the Company's current financial troubles have been significantly affected by the strains placed upon it by the UAW.

I won't hide from the fact that I distrust and dislike Unions, though I agree that all workers should be fairly and justly treated regardless of the company that employs them. I believe that Ford Motor Company has demonstrated a firm history of taking care of its employees since 1903, and feel confident it would continue to do so if Unions were forced out of company operations. Being a Ford employee is much more than simple Union membership: it's about being a part of something greater than yourself, a source of pride and family.

Mr. Mullaly, I am proud of the decision to keep the Taurus part of the active model lineup. Taurus is every bit synonymous with Ford, just as the Model T and the Mustang, a cherished part of automotive history that I trust will continue to grace the world's highways for decades to come.

I believe firmly that Ford is on the right track to financial stability and profitability, and is continuing to produce the finest vehicles in America. That belief is backed by over 50 years of Ford ownership in my family, which has included everything from the 1978 LTD, 1982 Granada, 2001 Continental and 2008 Grand Marquis. Not once has any Ford in my family ever failed us; I can not begin to calculate the millions of miles we've driven collectively on all of our Fords.

Having worked in broadcasting, I know that perception is reality. When a person is told over and over that something is a good product, he believes it. This is a tactic used by our competition, and a tactic our Company must employ to help grow our market share. Though the media would have us believe that we hold only 15% of the market, most surveys reveal that the overwhelming majority of Americans have an American vehicle in their driveway. We must not let anyone "spin" the media to discourage any buyer from our products.

Marketing is clearly an under-used resource that must be increased. We're proud of our vehicles, we must make that known! Enthusiasm is infectious, we should boast about our Escape Hybrids and Tauruses with a smile on our faces. If we believe in our cars, so will others. The proof is behind the wheel, we just need to get buyers to sit there.

Previous Ford management has squandered excellent opportunities in the past. The Lincoln LS was an exceptional vehicle that should never have stopped production. It was so close to perfection and in many ways outperformed the likes of BMW, yet never received the backing it was due. We should invest in continual improvement of our cars, rather than allow them to languish into obscurity and ultimately fade away.

The bread and butter of our company stems from retail vehicle sales. We should never allow fleet sales to outstrip retail sales. Once again, this is happening only this time with Crown Victoria, just as with the previous generation Taurus. There is little profit in fleet sales, we should invest in consumer sales and then consider fleet purchases to be icing on the proverbial cake.

Gentlemen, you know as well as I do that Ford Motor Company is here to stay. It's not enough to build the best vehicles, we must make that fact known. A little amount of ego can be healthy, especially when it's backed up by exceptional products like Fusion, Edge and Taurus. We should never be ashamed to stand behind the products we make. Perception is reality, and reality drives perception.

I own shares of Ford Motor Company and I do not care to make profit from those shares. I'm proud to own my stock and will continue to hold that stock as long as I live. Perhaps if everyone acted for the good of the greater good first instead of being selfish, we would all enjoy more successes. Grossly excessive salaries are contrary to the Company's greater good. When we invest in our company, we invest in our futures, and everyone succeeds.

I congratulate every employee of Ford for the dedication and hard work that drives us forward. Every person that contributes is a vital part of our collective, be it a worker on the assembly line or a Vice President. Each day we come together and help build the future of America on wheels.

Mr. Henry Ford said, "Before everything else, being ready is the secret to success." As we drive into the 21st century, I'm ready. Let's prove to the world and our competition that not only are they in our rearview mirrors, but we see the future before anyone else. There's no better place to be.

Sincerely,

Dave L.

Shareholder/Owner

Ford Motor Company

Virginia

Proud owner: 2001 Continental, 110,000 miles

I won't hide from the fact that I distrust and dislike Unions, though I agree that all workers should be fairly and justly treated regardless of the company that employs them. I believe that Ford Motor Company has demonstrated a firm history of taking care of its employees since 1903, and feel confident it would continue to do so if Unions were forced out of company operations. Being a Ford employee is much more than simple Union membership: it's about being a part of something greater than yourself, a source of pride and family.

Nice speech.

Ask Visteon workers that were "part of the Ford family" how they were cast out, and hung out to dry. Then ask yourself, if you were an employee, how much trust you would place in the company "to do the right thing" to the point of not being unionized.

Google "Ford Sociological Department" and ask yourself if you agree your place of employment should be able to come into your house and check to make sure that your hous is clean and that you don't drink or smoke as a condition for earning your wage.

I hope you don't belong to the Police Union ....errrr.... Association if you feel that way.

Mr Ford, Mr Mullaly,

Many of the structural and financial changes that are being made with regards to Ford Motor Company are indeed necessary cuts. You and I both know this, however, there are many who do not fully understand the intricasies of the auto business well enough to fully evaluate the variables that drive these decisions.

Ford is a successful company in nearly every respect; it has reinvented itself many times throughout the last century, such as when Mr. Henry Ford revolutionized operations by bringing in the "Whiz Kids" during the 1920's and 30's.

Any successful businessman knows that keeping overhead low is the key to success. I have been dismayed at the apparent greed exerted by the UAW, as it seems obvious that the Unions continue to demand more and more from the Company without regard for the company's overall fiscal health. I firmly believe that the Company's current financial troubles have been significantly affected by the strains placed upon it by the UAW.

Mr. Mullaly, I am proud of the decision to keep the Taurus part of the active model lineup. Taurus is every bit synonymous with Ford, just as the Model T and the Mustang, a cherished part of automotive history that I trust will continue to grace the world's highways for decades to come.

I believe firmly that Ford is on the right track to financial stability and profitability, and is continuing to produce the finest vehicles in America. That belief is backed by over 50 years of Ford ownership in my family, which has included everything from the 1978 LTD, 1982 Granada, 2001 Continental and 2008 Grand Marquis. Not once has any Ford in my family ever failed us; I can not begin to calculate the millions of miles we've driven collectively on all of our Fords.

Having worked in broadcasting, I know that perception is reality. When a person is told over and over that something is a good product, he believes it. This is a tactic used by our competition, and a tactic our Company must employ to help grow our market share. Though the media would have us believe that we hold only 15% of the market, most surveys reveal that the overwhelming majority of Americans have an American vehicle in their driveway. We must not let anyone "spin" the media to discourage any buyer from our products.

Marketing is clearly an under-used resource that must be increased. We're proud of our vehicles, we must make that known! Enthusiasm is infectious, we should boast about our Escape Hybrids and Tauruses with a smile on our faces. If we believe in our cars, so will others. The proof is behind the wheel, we just need to get buyers to sit there.

Previous Ford management has squandered excellent opportunities in the past. The Lincoln LS was an exceptional vehicle that should never have stopped production. It was so close to perfection and in many ways outperformed the likes of BMW, yet never received the backing it was due. We should invest in continual improvement of our cars, rather than allow them to languish into obscurity and ultimately fade away.

The bread and butter of our company stems from retail vehicle sales. We should never allow fleet sales to outstrip retail sales. Once again, this is happening only this time with Crown Victoria, just as with the previous generation Taurus. There is little profit in fleet sales, we should invest in consumer sales and then consider fleet purchases to be icing on the proverbial cake.

Gentlemen, you know as well as I do that Ford Motor Company is here to stay. It's not enough to build the best vehicles, we must make that fact known. A little amount of ego can be healthy, especially when it's backed up by exceptional products like Fusion, Edge and Taurus. We should never be ashamed to stand behind the products we make. Perception is reality, and reality drives perception.

I own shares of Ford Motor Company and I do not care to make profit from those shares. I'm proud to own my stock and will continue to hold that stock as long as I live. Perhaps if everyone acted for the good of the greater good first instead of being selfish, we would all enjoy more successes. Grossly excessive salaries are contrary to the Company's greater good. When we invest in our company, we invest in our futures, and everyone succeeds.

I congratulate every employee of Ford for the dedication and hard work that drives us forward. Every person that contributes is a vital part of our collective, be it a worker on the assembly line or a Vice President. Each day we come together and help build the future of America on wheels.

Mr. Henry Ford said, "Before everything else, being ready is the secret to success." As we drive into the 21st century, I'm ready. Let's prove to the world and our competition that not only are they in our rearview mirrors, but we see the future before anyone else. There's no better place to be.

Sincerely,

Dave L.

Shareholder/Owner

Ford Motor Company

Virginia

I noticed in your long drawn out speech you didn't hesitate to lash out at the unions as a major source of greed and problems with Ford Motor company. In all fairness, I didn't see anything mentioned about greed by corporate management and their outlandish salaries and other perks. How many millions of dollars are wasted in paying for inept managers at Ford? Save me the BS about having to pay for good help, there's probably a lot of very qualified management that's been buried or lost in the company ranks because they didn't fit the status quo, you known, the "same old thing", which has done as much harm as anything to Ford.

Ford may have had the first full size extended cab pick up truck, but look at how long GM had the Suburban without any competition from Ford. Why is it Ford is so slow to come up with new ideas and products and get them into production? The F150 is a nice truck but it's over weight, over sized, and over priced. Meanwhile, the Ranger has been warmed over since 1993. There can be discussions on other vehicles, but the point is that the union didn't design the F150 and the union didn't make the decision not to redesign the Ranger. Management should be help accountable for the mistakes they make, just like the union should.

Bottom line - It takes two to Tango, unions and Ford management can either work to rebuild Ford once again, or they can continue to run it into the ground, but most importantly, they need to build quality vehicles and have the best support after the sale. Ford could learn a lot by listening to their dealers, but more importantly, to their existing retail customers.

Mr Ford, Mr Mullaly,

Many of the structural and financial changes that are being made with regards to Ford Motor Company are indeed necessary cuts. You and I both know this, however, there are many who do not fully understand the intricasies of the auto business well enough to fully evaluate the variables that drive these decisions.......................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

Sincerely,

Dave L.

Shareholder/Owner

Ford Motor Company

Virginia

Oh please , where is the bucket.......................