Brake switch recall delayed

Serpent

I got a card from Ford in the mail last week saying that parts to repair the cruise control switch on my F-150 will be delayed untill February.

That doesnt bother me so much as the fact that nowhere does Ford say something like, "We apologize for the delay."

Im not at all pleased with the way that Ford is handling this recall. Its good to know that my truck wont suddenly burst into flames, but an apology for the delay would have gone a long way in showing that Ford regrets this whole situation.

Dont get me wrong, I love my F-150 but it seems like Ford would rathar sell more new trucks that to fix their mistakes and make sure that their current customers are happy.

Im not trying to "rile" you up but I can say this from experience. When there is a recall on Ford products...depending on what it is, Ford has to actually "over produce" the part that is on recall. Meaning....even though that particular part may be in production, the plant making has to make even more now. Ford does not make extra parts for every prt on the vehicles. thus is why you have alot of aftermarket companies making parts for different automakers. They still have to make the parts for the new vehicles being made along with making new parts for the recall. When there was a recall on the wiper motor all hell broke out at my old plant. That line ran non-stop for months even on holidays and weekends untill the recall orders were filled and they kept up with the new parts being made. Most likely the line just could not keep up with the recall orders and had to "re group" to start another batch.