New weatherstrip, Old van

70Econoline

Hello,

I've been wanting to paint my 1970 E200 that has been in the family since my dad custom ordered it from the factory. The real dig is that any vendor, including Steele Rubber, seems to forget that Ford made vans between '68 and '74 and finding any rubber stuff other than windshield channel is all but impossible.

I would like to put in correct weatherstrip for the doors and wing or vent windows, but just haven't had any luck finding it. There was a guy I found in Hemmings from the north east that said he could do anything and another guy tried to order from him. Long story short, the guy got flim flammed and never got anything for the money he sent this scammer.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a great running and driving classic that looks like a gardener van with Cragars until I can re-paint her.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel your pain. There is a guy (don't know who) that makes reproduction window weather strip for the '67-71 Thunderbirds. From what I understand, is that this guy bought the tooling from Ford, is the only one who makes it. No matter who you buy it from, it's the same. The only problem is that it doesn't fit. I've spent the better part of a year to get my front windows to seal. I certainaly wish I can find NOS weatherstrip. but like you, it's near impossible.