Signing Bonus and Medical

Brian502

I've been out for a while getting over chemo therapy. Should I get the signing bonus? Even though I did make it to vote on this contract I kinda doubt it,but I just thought I'd get others opinions.

a girl in my department just came back two weeks ago from maternity leave and did not recieve a check, and was told she had to come off of medical 30 days prior to ratification. total b.s.

As long as you weren't off long enough to be removed from the rolls, you should get a check.

I was off for a month due to gall bladder surgery; I came back last week and still got a bonus check Friday. Check with your committeeperson.

Good luck. :)

I was on medical from Sept. 22 until Nov. 26 and I still received a signing bonus.

if yoiu havent been off the rolls for more then 90 days you will recive a check.

thats not true at all, i know a person very well that went on a medical layoff 6 days before the ratification vote and he didnt get a check either. he got to vote and he worked all year, but didnt get the bonus??? go figure that one??

thats not true at all, i know a person very well that went on a medical layoff 6 days before the ratification vote and he didnt get a check either. he got to vote and he worked all year, but didnt get the bonus??? go figure that one??

As long as you were on rolls on September 14th, 2007. That means if you were on medical, you could have been out up to 89 days as of September 14th. You fall off rolls after 90 days.

Initially there was some confusion as to the date, as the Company used the November 19th, 2007 date instead of the September 14th date. That has been corrected. If you met the original criteria, as outlined in the highlights, you will recieve a check. See your committeeman or local president.