KTP down time

Lwoodbluz

Does anyone know the schedule for down time at Kentucky Truck Plant after the first of the year?

The only plantwide scheduled down week right now is the first week of April. All others that were on the calendar we're cancelled a few weeks back for whatever reason. With the 1st quarter production being cut back by 8% company wide, you would think there would be more planned down weeks for us, but not at this time.

Edited by KWMJ-KTP

Is this for body and paint?. They said at the union meeting next tenative down week in final areas is first week of April.

The rumor is that during the union meeting, it had been said that B-crew was going to be laid off the week of Jan. 07. I did not make it to the meeting, so I don't know what was said. Supposedly, it was also said that A & B crew were going to altermate 'several' downweeks till summer shutdown.

As of Tuesday morning, there was no downtime on the calendar for that week, but things do change at a moments notice around here. I know the week of Jan. 14 had been on the calendar up till a couple weeks ago, but it was one of the down weeks that was removed from the calendar.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if we get a letter from Labor Relations this week or next, or if the rumor mill is working overtime. I would assume we'd have to have some downtime sooner or later if sales are going to dip as low as Ford is predicting for 2008.

The rumor is that during the union meeting, it had been said that B-crew was going to be laid off the week of Jan. 07. I did not make it to the meeting, so I don't know what was said. Supposedly, it was also said that A & B crew were going to altermate 'several' downweeks till summer shutdown.

As of Tuesday morning, there was no downtime on the calendar for that week, but things do change at a moments notice around here. I know the week of Jan. 14 had been on the calendar up till a couple weeks ago, but it was one of the down weeks that was removed from the calendar.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if we get a letter from Labor Relations this week or next, or if the rumor mill is working overtime. I would assume we'd have to have some downtime sooner or later if sales are going to dip as low as Ford is predicting for 2008.

Yes i heard that one to about b-crew the week of January the 7th. But they are suppose to work that week and short shift a day from what i've been hearing.

Like you said,we will have to wait and see what the order bank is when we get back from christmas shutdown.