How bad will DTP screw up U. employment and SUB???

jeg74

I know mine will be screwed up, I made too much money that last Sunday we worked to claim unemployment for that first week.

It doesn't matter, you are still entitled to 85% of your 40hrs for the week of the 10th. I worked 14.5 hrs the sunday before the layoff in june, right before shut down. I still got a small unemployment check, and my sub pay check was about what I figured. The only one that actually gets screwed by you claiming those hours on sunday is the company, because thats more that they have to pay out of their pockets.

I know mine will be screwed up, I made too much money that last Sunday we worked to claim unemployment for that first week.

Maybe it's a state rule of maybe a shift pattern rule where you work, but unemployement usually goes from Sunday to saturday. If you work Sunday and are on layoff the following week, Ford has to pay short work week. Umpire ruling concurs.

Don't worry...we should have our Sub pay by June.

The idiots at DTP could screw up a wet dream.

You are close on that one. I just got my other half of sub pay from the June layoff last summer. The company is f...ed up

Edited by chelsea

Maybe it's a state rule of maybe a shift pattern rule where you work, but unemployement usually goes from Sunday to saturday. If you work Sunday and are on layoff the following week, Ford has to pay short work week. Umpire ruling concurs.

That is correct is you are working shifts. However, if you are working crews there is an unpublished letter that requires you to claim your wages with the unemployment office. Since sub is based on the difference between your unemployment benefit and a preset total you will not suffer a monetary loss. If you make to much to draw any unemployment you will draw full sub.

Edited by ellu369