'00 side mirror

08HybridOK

I have a crack in my side view mirror. When I call places including Ford to get a replacement it's like $150+ The problem seems to be I have the Eddie Bauer which includes heated & signal mirrors. But in 00 (I think from 99-02) the signal is on the housing, not in the mirror like in 97-98. So the question is, can I just get a heated mirror for a 99-02 F-150/Expedition/Navigator to replace my glass, or does it have to be this special one for heated and signal? I havne't had a chance to get to a junk yard and start measuring yet.

Thanks

Edited by 08HybridOK

I have a crack in my side view mirror. When I call places including Ford to get a replacement it's like $150+ The problem seems to be I have the Eddie Bauer which includes heated & signal mirrors. But in 00 (I think from 99-02) the signal is on the housing, not in the mirror like in 97-98. So the question is, can I just get a heated mirror for a 99-02 F-150/Expedition/Navigator to replace my glass, or does it have to be this special one for heated and signal? I havne't had a chance to get to a junk yard and start measuring yet.

Thanks

I wouldn't think it would matter, just the turn signal function would no longer be used. I'm not completely sure though.