2008 Edge vs. 2008 MKX

rmc523

RMC, was that MKX you test drove fully loaded with everything? Did that salesman know that Lincoln was getting a version of the Flex? and did he saying anything reguarding Mercury about their current lineup?

Honestly, I knew more about the car and Ford's future than he did.

I will give him a bit of reprieve though, since he just began selling Lincoln/Mercury vehicles, though (he changed dealers and sold only Fords previously).

He didn't even know heated rear seats were available on MKX.

No the MKX was missing the Nav system, the Vista roof/BAMR, heated rear seats, and I'm sure some other things. I don't think he knew Lincoln was getting a Flex, but could be wrong. He did say that he was going to buy a Flex when they become available, though. And no, he didn't say anything about Mercury, but as I said, I knew more about future products than he did.

Honestly, I knew more about the car and Ford's future than he did.

I will give him a bit of reprieve though, since he just began selling Lincoln/Mercury vehicles, though (he changed dealers and sold only Fords previously).

He didn't even know heated rear seats were available on MKX.

No the MKX was missing the Nav system, the Vista roof/BAMR, heated rear seats, and I'm sure some other things. I don't think he knew Lincoln was getting a Flex, but could be wrong. He did say that he was going to buy a Flex when they become available, though. And no, he didn't say anything about Mercury, but as I said, I knew more about future products than he did.

Yeah i know what you mean, When my dad and i were looking at the 500's, the salesman could not find out if it was AWD, Although it said AWD on the back. I did not tell the salesman.

Yeah i know what you mean, When my dad and i were looking at the 500's, the salesman could not find out if it was AWD, Although it said AWD on the back. I did not tell the salesman.

My dad was being kind of rude too, asking me in front of the salesman about options, etc.

I seem to be like you, just saying ok, etc. even if I know he's wrong.

we went with the Lincoln, to my mind it is a much better vehicle than the Edge even if they are the same platform.

The MKX has better exterior looks (subjective) and the interior is way better: result, the Lincoln rides better, has much softer, luxury interior seats and fixtures, upgraded sound by a long ways and the extra warranty/service deal.

Take your wife out in a fully loaded Edge. Then the fully loaded MKX. There's the decision for you: happy wife, happy life.