UAW-Zeledyne Contract

Bodhibkb

Surely you can't be as ignorant as you appear!!!! Good thing past UAW members didn't sell out like Nashville did...we would be working at the same level as the illegal aliens. A few months down the road you Nashville Cats will be "TOLD" that $11 an hour is too much...then they will drop your wages to $8.

Is Country Music the "only decent thing" to come out of Nashville????

So sad for YOU!!!!!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey FordTGP,

You may want to log off here and start looking in the classifieds for a job. I hear at Starbucks you can work for $9.00 an hour plus benefits. Or wait, maybe it's so easy for you to take this position because you have a big fat FORD retirement package waiting on you too. You and Mr.D...sipping on pina coladas while the other 500 plus (that you sold up the river) are gulping Pabst Blue Ribbon.

By the way, I'm calling your bluff. It's too early for the results to be in. Nashville's results have not been announced yet....so this "slim margin" is bull. NGP is much smarter than that.

NGP and smart in the same sentence? That's an oxymoron! Or didn't you pass english in school. Starbucks-$9 an hour....in a few months they'll be making more than you people at NGP, cause rumor has it, after this is all said and done, Ford will want the wages lower...and they are still running the show with the ACH plants, doeasn't really matter who buys it! Ford is financing all of them....wake up! Read the wall street journal....all of Price's backers bowed out! Ford id financing the whole deal!!!!!...Period....just a move to cut wages, so they can get their parts dirt cheap!!! Good Business sence, but rooton for the workers....

NGP and smart in the same sentence? That's an oxymoron! Or didn't you pass english in school. Starbucks-$9 an hour....in a few months they'll be making more than you people at NGP, cause rumor has it, after this is all said and done, Ford will want the wages lower...and they are still running the show with the ACH plants, doeasn't really matter who buys it! Ford is financing all of them....wake up! Read the wall street journal....all of Price's backers bowed out! Ford id financing the whole deal!!!!!...Period....just a move to cut wages, so they can get their parts dirt cheap!!! Good Business sence, but rooton for the workers....

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

WHY DONT YOU GO FIND A TALL TREE AND A SHORT ROPE!!! I DONT NEED TO FINISH THIS CAUSE YOU ARE SO SMART YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF:slap: :slap: :slap:

Edited by buster6969

I am not the greatest speller in the world and actually sucked at english, but "sence" is spelled sense moron!! How about taking a buy out then...maybe Ford can save even more money by buying the glass from another supplier other than Tulsa!! The whole reason they brought back Visteon....one could argue a company that they created with their own salaried fks....so that they did not go bankrupt. Ford took them back under ACH but they need to find a way to invest their money directly into new programs. That is the whole reason for the sell of these facilities. They do not want to put the investment into parts business!!

They are also trying to stay out of bankrupcy themselves. Sure it may not seem that they are going into bankrupcy, but they are in the direct path of bankrupcy. With the economy the way it is they are trying to keep from going belly up. If they survive this economic downfall, they will be a more profitable company in the future because of it. Once this happens the UAW will get back some gains that we have not gotten because of their mismanagement.

If Ford had to step in and help Mr. Price...this would be nothing new for Ford. They bankrupt or financially strap many of their suppliers and then bail them out in order to keep them supplying parts. Welcome to big business!!

I am not the greatest speller in the world and actually sucked at english, but "sence" is spelled sense moron!! How about taking a buy out then...maybe Ford can save even more money by buying the glass from another supplier other than Tulsa!! The whole reason they brought back Visteon....one could argue a company that they created with their own salaried fks....so that they did not go bankrupt. Ford took them back under ACH but they need to find a way to invest their money directly into new programs. That is the whole reason for the sell of these facilities. They do not want to put the investment into parts business!!

They are also trying to stay out of bankrupcy themselves. Sure it may not seem that they are going into bankrupcy, but they are in the direct path of bankrupcy. With the economy the way it is they are trying to keep from going belly up. If they survive this economic downfall, they will be a more profitable company in the future because of it. Once this happens the UAW will get back some gains that we have not gotten because of their mismanagement.

If Ford had to step in and help Mr. Price...this would be nothing new for Ford. They bankrupt or financially strap many of their suppliers and then bail them out in order to keep them supplying parts. Welcome to big business!!

"Bankrupcy" is spelled bankruptcy. :stirpot:

Surely you can't be as ignorant as you appear!!!! Good thing past UAW members didn't sell out like Nashville did...we would be working at the same level as the illegal aliens. A few months down the road you Nashville Cats will be "TOLD" that $11 an hour is too much...then they will drop your wages to $8.

Is Country Music the "only decent thing" to come out of Nashville????

So sad for YOU!!!!!

I know you are new to this forum, but you need to study to bring your self up to speed. The $11 is for new hires. This is a 3 year contract. Read up before you show more of your total stupidity.

You keep refering to the walstreet journal like it is the Bible. Would you like to share that post, or has someone just told you this and you belived it without question?? That seems to be the case in Tulsa for some. If you got it post it!

you might want to check your post for errors....rooton.... Ford id financing ... doeasn't . ??? Or didn't you pass english in school. :shades:...sence :D

Edited by takeme back 2blue

They are also trying to stay out of bankrupcy themselves. Sure it may not seem that they are going into bankrupcy, but they are in the direct path of bankrupcy. With the economy the way it is they are trying to keep from going belly up.

why dont they cut the $100 mil a year that mr mulally gets paid, instead of worrying about how much they pay thier workers, then cut about 50% of supervision, then they would be profitable again :banghead:

That is fine...they have job protection......the new hires do not! So move on and let then new hires have jobs!!!

You are missing 2 small details.

1. The Ford employees have more seniority, which still has an impact before the Zeledyne deal happens.

2. Temps are just what the word emplies. Why would the Ford employees move on if the deal does not take effect?

The company would like to turn this into a blue vs temps, or temps vs blues fight. Don't side with the company and let this happen. Surely you are smarter than that.

Edited by Tennesseepowerstroke

Some of these people just can't seem to come to terms with the fact that they do not work in a ford facility. Ford was just managing the ACH plants until they could be sold or closed. The ford employee's at these plants are just there on loan. If your a ford employee you will have to transfer to a ford facility to stay a ford employee, if not take the buyout and get your resume together. Good Luck!

1. The Ford employees have more seniority, which still has an impact before the Zeledyne deal happens.

2. Temps are just what the word emplies. Why would the Ford employees move on if the deal does not take effect?

The company would like to turn this into a blue vs temps, or temps vs blues fight. Don't side with the company and let this happen. Surely you are smarter than that.

I assummed by your name, you were from NGP, but by your comments I do not know now. This may not have been explained in Tulsa, but the Local in Nashville has explained this in details. "SOLD OR CLOSED" The only way to stay Ford (long term) is to transfer. "Why would the Ford employees move on if the deal does not take effect?" Because the plant will be closed, and you will be on the streets....DUH! Yes, you will stay Ford until it closes, but that is it. Which part do you not understand.

The impact that is going to happen is a new vote will pass and if not then it will close!! I am not going to keep arguing that point. I hope that you do not have to see the second part of that. If you are a part of the closing of this plant then I hope you have a wonderful career at the Rouge!! :stirpot:

In case you were not told....the temps are there taking open positions until a new buyer comes along!! :finger: You could have learned that at one of the 4 informational meetings that the I-Union supplied!!

I am not siding with the company, but when the I-Union comes down and say that there are a couple of options and going back to Ford isn't one of them....and some still do not listen....see you in Detroit!!! Good luck!!

Edited by Captain723

No not salaried....I would definately be fired, as I would make sure that people did at least their fair share of work....for fair pay. If I don't work.....if all I do is complain.....Why the hell should I get paid? I try to do my share and more most of the time...I value my job! I may wind up getting a cut in my wages, however, I do read the news, I know what is happening in our country and abroad. I have utilized my benefits to further my education, so when something happens like this, I might be a little more prepared. I am one that can't just pick up and leave Tulsa, I will take my buy out and work for the Zeledyne Company until I find it reasonable to find another job. I hate to see what is happening, but the economy in Tulsa is not much better than the other cities where offers may be made. If the trend continues with Ford and the other auto makers, I don't think that I would want to roll the dice twice. Right Here, Right Now, will be fine for me!

Are you still paying your union dues? Why?

You obvioously do not know about anything outside of the big 3....there are a lot of contracts that have a no lock out and no strike clause in them. Do you know what no lock out means?? That is so that the company can not lock out its employees if there is a labor dispute. :doh: This is for your protection!! :finger: There is a requirement by law of health and safety. The ones to blame are the ones that should have been negotiating for you locally. They were supposed to make sure that your concern were put into the agreement. They cold have used large font and had 100 pages, would that have made you feel better?? WHat does 50 pages have to do with it? :headscratch:

PS. your contract was posted on this forum somewhere....so yes we did see it!

Most of you that have "no dog in this hunt" need to listen to the freight train coming to your plant! I believe that "Mr. G." is trying to "cut pay" (non-core jobs) in GM plants as we speak. We allowed two-tier wages to creep into Ford in the '99 contract. It only took 8 years to bring it into assembly plants! What is next? Two-tiered wages on the assembly line? Skilled trades? HELLO! Is there anyone in there?

And by the way, our local tried to fight for us until I-UAW took it away to make sure Ford/Price were happy! And FAT!

Most of you that have "no dog in this hunt" need to listen to the freight train coming to your plant! I believe that "Mr. G." is trying to "cut pay" (non-core jobs) in GM plants as we speak. We allowed two-tier wages to creep into Ford in the '99 contract. It only took 8 years to bring it into assembly plants! What is next? Two-tiered wages on the assembly line? Skilled trades? HELLO! Is there anyone in there?

And by the way, our local tried to fight for us until I-UAW took it away to make sure Ford/Price were happy! And FAT!

Who pushed for the second vote in Tulsa. In our meetings the IUAW rep was asked if the they would try to get it passed if we voted it down. He replied "no".

Who pushed for the second vote in Tulsa. In our meetings the IUAW rep was asked if the they would try to get it passed if we voted it down. He replied "no".

I really believe it just might be the people that you work with each and every day that pushed for this revote. You might just take a few minutes today and slip over to the uaw office and ask that question? From what I'm hearing your local leadership has changed their stance dramaticaly. :shades: Until you face the reality that this so called fight was over in 2005,you will never be able to understand it. This is about what is best for each and every member in Tulsa. there are many options availible and you need to choose the best one for yourself. :shades: