NAP to DTP transfer incentive

FordTrucklover

Been a bit since i posted any topic/question here.. just wondered if

any Nappers or others that have transferred to golden child (DTP)

have recieved there transfer incentive bonus on our recent anniversary

date??

Hope ppl were able to attend DIAS at Cobo to see new F-150 nd other

upcoming Ford models!.. GM by far had biggest nd best displays there

of anyone in my opinion.

Just to say to some of the negative propogators on here regarding

transfers to MI from ANYWHERE.......as a new resident im lovin the

state!.. bought a beautiful home in a great city (Farmington Hills)

@ a great price nd absolutely love the seasons!.. enjoyin my new

midwestern friends nd neighbors! Thanks to all who made transfers

into DTP a smooth nd pleasant experience last yr for us former

Virginians nd atlanta residents! :shades:

Been a bit since i posted any topic/question here.. just wondered if

any Nappers or others that have transferred to golden child (DTP)

have recieved there transfer incentive bonus on our recent anniversary

date??

Hope ppl were able to attend DIAS at Cobo to see new F-150 nd other

upcoming Ford models!.. GM by far had biggest nd best displays there

of anyone in my opinion.

Just to say to some of the negative propogators on here regarding

transfers to MI from ANYWHERE.......as a new resident im lovin the

state!.. bought a beautiful home in a great city (Farmington Hills)

@ a great price nd absolutely love the seasons!.. enjoyin my new

midwestern friends nd neighbors! Thanks to all who made transfers

into DTP a smooth nd pleasant experience last yr for us former

Virginians nd atlanta residents! :shades:

I heard the checks would be cut today... we'll see. I agree with you about living here--i love it also. Everybody talked about how bad it was here but, i also got a great house in a great area wonderful neighbors and i also am really enjoying the seasons. I really don't miss the heat and humidity in Va. Only thing i don't like is the union--what a joke!

Who do you think made this all possible for you to transfer and get lump sums of money to do it. I promise you that it wasn't Ford Motor Co.. It was that joke union you speak of. If it was up to Ford Motor you would be back in Va. collecting unemployment.

Who do you think made this all possible for you to transfer and get lump sums of money to do it. I promise you that it wasn't Ford Motor Co.. It was that joke union you speak of. If it was up to Ford Motor you would be back in Va. collecting unemployment.

See you don't even know what your talking about--I meant THIS local union here---The local in Norfolk puts this one here to shame!

It was not this local that got us this incentive, this local is a JOKE!!!!!!! I didn't think too high of 919 but it damn sure puts 600 to shame.

It was not this local that got us this incentive, this local is a JOKE!!!!!!! I didn't think too high of 919 but it damn sure puts 600 to shame.

Every single guy/gal that transfers to a new plant always says the exact thing. Our union was tough and this union is weak...............why is that?

Why is it that every time someone wants to complain about the uaw they are labeled a trouble maker? If you dont like it quit..............how many times you heard that? I, as well as most on here pay dues every month and have the right to complain. Thats the way the uaw does it at ktp-if you question or complain your a trouble maker- :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Every single guy/gal that transfers to a new plant always says the exact thing. Our union was tough and this union is weak...............why is that?

Gee I don't know, nobody in the union hall can give you an answer on anything. They look out for who they want to look out for, I guess it's because I'm not black! I just call it like I see it, I'm sure I'll get slammed now.....BRING IT ON!!!!

Gee I don't know, nobody in the union hall can give you an answer on anything. They look out for who they want to look out for, I guess it's because I'm not black! I just call it like I see it, I'm sure I'll get slammed now.....BRING IT ON!!!!

you might get slammed, but not from me-because you hit the nail on the head.

Sorry to disappoint you but I am Black! All my Black, White Friends and co-workers that transferred from NAP have the same complaint, we are all outsider. It is, what it is, I guess it hurt when the shoe is on the other foot. I'm use to both shoes, so it do not bother me...I just deal with it like always.

If it was totally up to FOMOCO we would still be building trucks at NAP!

I hear the same from all the transfers that came to Chicago. "Man your Union sucks!" "Our Union was strong!"

The pattern seems to be, so called "strong" unions get their plants closed! So if thats the case, I'll take my "weak" union any day over not having a job!

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY pro Union, although IN MY OPINION a strong International Union is more important than a strong local union. To me as long as you come to work , do the best you can, keep a great attendance record, don't think your entitled to special treatment and MOST IMPORTANT don't worry about what the other guy is getting away with you should cruise through your time at Ford.

This is FORD's company! Not ours! The International can just do it's best to get and sustain what we have. All you transfers should be greatful you got a second chance! I know I would be. If I had to transfer...I would go into that plant and PROVE I was WORTHY of that transfer! To many times I have witnessed these Union protected pieces of shit that give OUR UAW a bad name!

I know transfering isn't easy. Not on a marriage, the family you leave behind, coming into a new place with new people, etc. I can sympathize. Just remember shit could be worse! You could be ass out! Make the most of your second chance!

Also remember FIRST IMPRESSIONS are everything! If you meet someone and within a day or so you talking smack about their local that they have been with for years or just their plant in general odds are your not off to a very good start!

Edited by CAPlineWORKER

So why did the so called "Strong International" not show up in Norfolk for the talks between the city, local 919 and Ford? Why did the so called "stong international" allow a plant to be built to build the same product being built in Norfolk knowing full well thousands not in the state of Michigan would lose jobs?

A major clue to the answer is in the second sentence!

I hear the same from all the transfers that came to Chicago. "Man your Union sucks!" "Our Union was strong!"

The pattern seems to be, so called "strong" unions get their plants closed! So if thats the case, I'll take my "weak" union any day over not having a job!

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY pro Union, although IN MY OPINION a strong International Union is more important than a strong local union. To me as long as you come to work , do the best you can, keep a great attendance record, don't think your entitled to special treatment and MOST IMPORTANT don't worry about what the other guy is getting away with you should cruise through your time at Ford.

This is FORD's company! Not ours! The International can just do it's best to get and sustain what we have. All you transfers should be greatful you got a second chance! I know I would be. If I had to transfer...I would go into that plant and PROVE I was WORTHY of that transfer! To many times I have witnessed these Union protected pieces of shit that give OUR UAW a bad name!

I know transfering isn't easy. Not on a marriage, the family you leave behind, coming into a new place with new people, etc. I can sympathize. Just remember shit could be worse! You could be ass out! Make the most of your second chance!

Also remember FIRST IMPRESSIONS are everything! If you meet someone and within a day or so you talking smack about their local that they have been with for years or just their plant in general odds are your not off to a very good start!

CAPlineWORKER,

YOU make sense. It is a true BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO SEE a UAW worker who actually appreciates what they got. Others could learn from you. Please keep your GREAT attitude and you will very likely have that job as long as you need it.

I need to talk about my favorite subject for a second please. Don't forget Quality. Eat, sleep, dream, live, make, demand QUALITY at every level of production. Dont listen to the doom and gloomers. Quality WILL secure your future. Facilities that have been closed that happened to have good quality, had other issues which tipped the scales. Sorry guys; truth!

I always do good work, attendance record is excellent, and I'm not looking for special treatment. We all should be greatful to have a job, not just a second chance because we transferred, look again it's in the contract. I don't have to prove anything to DTP or the union, I pay dues. I have not talked smack to any of them, don't need too.

This topic is about transfer incentive, I started 1/16/2007 and have not received a transfer check. I'm not going to talk about all the other checks they messed up. They told us we will receive our checks 1/24 and than they said 1/28, still NO checks! I just want them to do the job they are paid to do, not any more or any less.

CAPlineWORKER,

YOU make sense. It is a true BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO SEE a UAW worker who actually appreciates what they got. Others could learn from you. Please keep your GREAT attitude and you will very likely have that job as long as you need it.

I need to talk about my favorite subject for a second please. Don't forget Quality. Eat, sleep, dream, live, make, demand QUALITY at every level of production. Dont listen to the doom and gloomers. Quality WILL secure your future. Facilities that have been closed that happened to have good quality, had other issues which tipped the scales. Sorry guys; truth!

The only thing that tipped the scales for NAP was the constant "what about NAP" from the international every time closures was mentioned.

I greatly appreciate the buyout I received courtesy of the UAW and Ford and every moment I was employed but I refuse to whitewash reality. No company or smart business person builds a plant and gambles it can build a product already being built profitably elsewhere under the same rules regulations and labor agreements, what's the point!

I understand many here are die hard union members but many die hard catholics believed that priests could never do anything unscrupulous either!

I always do good work, attendance record is excellent, and I'm not looking for special treatment. We all should be greatful to have a job, not just a second chance because we transferred, look again it's in the contract. I don't have to prove anything to DTP or the union, I pay dues. I have not talked smack to any of them, don't need too.

This topic is about transfer incentive, I started 1/16/2007 and have not received a transfer check. I'm not going to talk about all the other checks they messed up. They told us we will receive our checks 1/24 and than they said 1/28, still NO checks! I just want them to do the job they are paid to do, not any more or any less.

You've had checks messed up too? I STILL have not been paid from last july. And I too have yet to receive my transfer money----and it took them a month to pay me for the down time in Dec. Now they say MAYBE friday!

You know whats funny is that everybody from NAP thought we coming up here to a strong union and still felt that way through orientation week but when we were sent to the line it was everybody that was already there telling us how bad the local sucked. Man it didn't take long to learn they were right!

I feel ur pain bro...local 919 wasnt that great nd got worse w/every yr but they were

better than this DTP local 4 sure.....did anyone that transferred 2 DTP from NAP ever

get the commorative NAP jackets we were promised???

Im hearing we are getting our checks thursday...finally!~ I can go get my

new F-150 now! :shades:

How about I take my pants down so u can kiss my rebel dick.

That's not true,FORD is the one who closed NAP.....

yourAss, 600 gave them the COA the Co wanted and the spanking stick to go with it. 919 would not get in bed with that cheap prositute so they shut er down. you keep defending those dumb asses and you will wind up on the street with your senority. It don't mean shit to them.