BUYOUTS

Hvcpicker

:fan: So When the buyouts are offically offered ( worst kept secret in the system) what is the mood in the hvc system out there? The only real change is to those 30 and out and trades everything else is the same. Does anyone think like me that the UNION is holding back on giving the people under 30 plus enhanced buyouts ???? They cant lose that much revenue that quickly especially with VEBA right around the corner. :reading: The job here at Ford are great jobs and noone wants to go im sure but if the future keeps going the way it is now some might jump if the price was better . Just wondering :rockon:

:fan: So When the buyouts are offically offered ( worst kept secret in the system) what is the mood in the hvc system out there? The only real change is to those 30 and out and trades everything else is the same. Does anyone think like me that the UNION is holding back on giving the people under 30 plus enhanced buyouts ???? They cant lose that much revenue that quickly especially with VEBA right around the corner. :reading: The job here at Ford are great jobs and noone wants to go im sure but if the future keeps going the way it is now some might jump if the price was better . Just wondering :rockon:

Dude...what the heck are you talking about?? The Union is holding back...what the hell does the union have anything to do with packages?? :finger:

PS. do you really think that you needed to post another site on buy outs? :finger::finger: You could have used one of the 3 threads that are already going!! Now we have 4 threads on the same topic!!

I'd go if the price was better

If the future keeps going the way that it is none of us will have to worry about JSP or anything. The company will go bankrupt and we will all be making $10 per hr with no benefits and definitely no JSP!! FYI, the prices are not going up any higher!!

I would go if it was higher. I came from production and went into trades. Considering I netted 65K this past year, a 100K pkg would only net me 62K. If I could take the 140K and pay my own taxes quarterly....I would go. I don't think the government should be able to keep 32K in taxes 15 months before it's due. Thats my take.

I would go if it was higher. I came from production and went into trades. Considering I netted 65K this past year, a 100K pkg would only net me 62K. If I could take the 140K and pay my own taxes quarterly....I would go. I don't think the government should be able to keep 32K in taxes 15 months before it's due. Thats my take.

Claim 99 deductions on your federal withholding. There's your take!

I don't know if they are scared of losing the revenue but earlier than 30 year retirements definitely drains the retirement fund more than buyouts for people with 30 or more years. It would also take more money from teh VEBA account as they would be using it sooner.

How much are we talkin' about? What would it take for you to carry your ass back to VA?

Hey Big country, it took alot for ya to get out of VA/NC or whatever, you've

broadened your horizens in a big way (no pun intended) comin up to midwest,

much more to offer ya here, i know im from VA, even w/ a good chunk of

change you'd be hard pressed to find decent payin job dwn there so whats

the pt?? :reading:

How much are we talkin' about? What would it take for you to carry your ass back to VA?

How about the same as what Volkswagen got there employees when they left the great grand hole state of MI. I might bewrong but was told 350,000.00 But i'm willing to compromise for 250,000.00

Edited by chelsea

I agree and well said

• 4 weeks later...