question about 2008 Ford Ranger Sport

WHITENER0420

I am debating on which truck i want to purchase...but right now i have questions about the ford Ranger. If I decide to go with the Ranger...i want a Vista Blue 2008 Ford Ranger Sport Supercab - 4door. I am wanting the 2WD with the 4.0L V6. I called my dealer today and was told that I could NOT get the 4.0L V6 unless i bought the Fx4 - 4x4...can someone verify this for me. Thank You.

I am debating on which truck i want to purchase...but right now i have questions about the ford Ranger. If I decide to go with the Ranger...i want a Vista Blue 2008 Ford Ranger Sport Supercab - 4door. I am wanting the 2WD with the 4.0L V6. I called my dealer today and was told that I could NOT get the 4.0L V6 unless i bought the Fx4 - 4x4...can someone verify this for me. Thank You.

According to fordvehicles.com under the "build it" tab, you can get your '08 Ranger Sport 4-door Super Cab in 4x2 with the standard 3.0 V-6 or the $800 optional 4.0 V-6.

Boegey

Whitener0420

My 08 Red Sport Supercab is 2wd, 4 door with a 4.OL V6. Purchased 16 Jan in Va... The dealer did some looking and found a Vista Blue one in Ohio, but it had the chrome package and the 240 watt sound system that I did not want. They are out there, you could order or keep looking. May want a different dealer, some are lazy, some dont want to look off of their own lot, and many just dont know their own product.

Good Luck!