Local Contracts

lepskilledtrades

Just wanted to know if any of the powertrain plants have signed their local contracts yet and if there is any IMT language in it?

Sterling does not have one and from what I understand is that the company and the union are not even talking anymore. That is just what I have heard so take that with a grain of salt but all i know for sure is we do not have an agreement...

Sterling does not have one and from what I understand is that the company and the union are not even talking anymore. That is just what I have heard so take that with a grain of salt but all i know for sure is we do not have an agreement...

Cleveland has a signed contract though God knows what is in it. We seem to find out on the hour. First the IMT is dead....now according to a Union letter out today it is not though there is some question as to whether or not the flyer was legitimate. How's that for a situation huh? A flyer from the local is out and people have no idea if it's for real or not. :hysterical:

But bottom line though Lep, yes Cleveland has a signed local contract.

Cleveland has a signed contract though God knows what is in it. We seem to find out on the hour. First the IMT is dead....now according to a Union letter out today it is not though there is some question as to whether or not the flyer was legitimate. How's that for a situation huh? A flyer from the local is out and people have no idea if it's for real or not. :hysterical:

But bottom line though Lep, yes Cleveland has a signed local contract.

So what IMT language is in your contract and how will it work?

So what IMT language is in your contract and how will it work?

I have no earthly idea Lep. The Building Chairman of CEP2 told me to my face in a meeting not 2 weeks ago that the IMT is dead period. Then this flyer which may or may not be real our usual committeman who is pretty good has been off so no one knows if this flyer was real but it said that you at Lima and Dearborn where already deeply involved and that for us to remain competitive we're instituting it right away. No details, only that we wouldn't like it. :banghead:

By the way, take note, even though Cleveland has a signed local contract, so far all we've got for it is the elimination of afternoon shift in CEP 2, the impending closure of Cleveland Casting, and the postponement of CEP1 opening up from 8/08 until at least 1/09, all of which means some 150 people hitting the streets and no new work on the horizon with the company not offering inverse layoffs . Some return on our good will investment huh? :redcard:

I have no earthly idea Lep. The Building Chairman of CEP2 told me to my face in a meeting not 2 weeks ago that the IMT is dead period. Then this flyer which may or may not be real our usual committeman who is pretty good has been off so no one knows if this flyer was real but it said that you at Lima and Dearborn where already deeply involved and that for us to remain competitive we're instituting it right away. No details, only that we wouldn't like it. :banghead:

By the way, take note, even though Cleveland has a signed local contract, so far all we've got for it is the elimination of afternoon shift in CEP 2, the impending closure of Cleveland Casting, and the postponement of CEP1 opening up from 8/08 until at least 1/09, all of which means some 150 people hitting the streets and no new work on the horizon with the company not offering inverse layoffs . Some return on our good will investment huh? :redcard:

You could have the best agreement in the world, but if you ain't selling product....you ain't working. I haven't heard of anything on IMT's in CEP2???? I am sure that Level could give us some insight on the IMT thing!! He loves them!! :stirpot: ( just kidding Level) Hang in there and good luck.

You could have the best agreement in the world, but if you ain't selling product....you ain't working. I haven't heard of anything on IMT's in CEP2???? I am sure that Level could give us some insight on the IMT thing!! He loves them!! :stirpot: ( just kidding Level) Hang in there and good luck.

Cap,

In you opinion, is that what is holding up all the local contracts??

They are pulling your leg! Dearborn's IMT program consist of departmental overtime and that's it!! Our first local agreement was full of IMT language and we turned it down. as of yet we have no local agreement. We are doing a pilot IMT program right now with trades working as production operators and doing their trade at the same time but we have not voted on this to be permanent yet And if our next contract looks like the last one, from what I've heard, it probably won't pass either We don't like it and believe us you won't either. Wish you could post that flyer because they are telling us the same thing about staying competitve with you! They told us you already have an IMT program and we have to do this to keep up..

Edited by lepskilledtrades

They are pulling your leg! Dearborn's IMT program consist of departmental overtime and that's it!! Our first local agreement was full of IMT language and we turned it down. as of yet we have no local agreement. We are doing a pilot IMT program right now with trades working as production operators and doing their trade at the same time but we have not voted on this to be permanent yet And if our next contract looks like the last one, from what I've heard, it probably won't pass either We don't like it and believe us you won't either. Wish you could post that flyer because they are telling us the same thing about staying competitve with you! They told us you already have an IMT program and we have to do this to keep up..

Ok update for you Lep my friend. It turns out the flyer was a fake....a good one to be sure but a fake nonetheless.

I spoke personally to the building chairman of CEP2 this afternoon, and face to face he told me the IMT was dead. That the flyer was a fake and he'll be putting out his own flyer soon which I'll post for you when its available. Now thats CEP2 mind you, I really have no idea if CEP1 has it or not. I've heard their contract is pretty severe and EVERYONE is furious about it, but its a done deal. As I understand it, 2 classifications in production, Team Coordinator and everyone else. Maybe someone who works over there can fill us in because I work in CEP2.

http://www.uawlocal1250.org/ep1.htm

I can though post the above link from the last CEP1 Chairmans letter...if that might help.

Ok update for you Lep my friend. It turns out the flyer was a fake....a good one to be sure but a fake nonetheless.

I spoke personally to the building chairman of CEP2 this afternoon, and face to face he told me the IMT was dead. That the flyer was a fake and he'll be putting out his own flyer soon which I'll post for you when its available. Now thats CEP2 mind you, I really have no idea if CEP1 has it or not. I've heard their contract is pretty severe and EVERYONE is furious about it, but its a done deal. As I understand it, 2 classifications in production, Team Coordinator and everyone else. Maybe someone who works over there can fill us in because I work in CEP2.

I can though post the above link from the last CEP1 Chairmans letter...if that might help.

Why are you saying the CEP2 contract is a done deal? Cant the membership vote it down? Remember, whatever gets put into these local contracts will be forced upon the other locals. We need to stand strong, we gave up enough in the national deal.

Why are you saying the CEP2 contract is a done deal? Cant the membership vote it down? Remember, whatever gets put into these local contracts will be forced upon the other locals. We need to stand strong, we gave up enough in the national deal.

Vote it down? Have you read the Lima thread?

Thanks keep us informed on as much info as you can so no one gets the wool pulled over. See if you can find out about cep1. We got a copy of their contract and there was no IMT in that but who knows what has happened since that.

I'm afraid its already been voted on and passed at the same time as the national contract. That ship has sailed brother

Thanks keep us informed on as much info as you can so no one gets the wool pulled over. See if you can find out about cep1. We got a copy of their contract and there was no IMT in that but who knows what has happened since that.

All I can say Lep is The Company pressed for it BIG TIME in local negotiations, and in the end the local wouldn't bite.

Sadly though , these contracts aren't really worth the paper they're printed on. There are so many loopholes, exclusions and mirrors to have any trust in them as I see it. If a roadblock is reached, the union either renegotiates it, or it's simply ignored in the end. All we can all hope for is the best. But anway, way back where this all started....yes Cleveland has a signed local contract, ratified by the membership, signed sealed delivered and in the end we have nothing to show for it. Take it for what it's worth brother.

Then again, that's just this hillbillies opinion...... :shades: