Anyone know when the first Windsor buyouts take effect?

Jason Kerluck

I'm not trying to give anyone the bums rush, but I'm curious as to how many people are taking the buyouts at the Windsor Site. And when is the first batch finished?

I was told some were going early December, but I haven't heard anything for some time. I've been laid off since January, and UI is about to run out. I've only got about 6 weeks of SUB as well, so things are getting pretty scary now.

Looks like Xmas is going to be one for the books.

I'm not trying to give anyone the bums rush, but I'm curious as to how many people are taking the buyouts at the Windsor Site. And when is the first batch finished?

I was told some were going early December, but I haven't heard anything for some time. I've been laid off since January, and UI is about to run out. I've only got about 6 weeks of SUB as well, so things are getting pretty scary now.

Looks like Xmas is going to be one for the books.

The guys are going / have gone for meetings with the company pension reps. They are saying Feb 1 is when they take effect. I know one machine repairmen was done today, he took this years and next years Vacation to get to Feb.. Sorry I don't have any number, hope it is enough to get you back. If I hear I will post the #

I spoke to Dan Cassidy at the local on Friday. He informed me that most of the retirements will take place at the beginning of February. Some are slated for Early December, but not many.

This sucks some pretty heavy ass, as my UI ran out last week, and My SUB has only a few weeks left.

I was also informed that after all of the 30+ employees have been courted, and the retirements finalized, they will then they will approach those with 28-29 years senority.

These other buyouts are slated to take place at the start of April.

He told me that they will get everyone back, but it will take time. I hope that I will be included in the February callbacks. But with more uncertainty coming in January, I can't help but feel that even these callbacks might be short lived.

I can only hope.