DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A LAYOFF?

KTPT

I've asked 20 people and gotten 20 different answers. Are we still entitled to 48 weeks? 2 phone calls and out the door is what it seems to me. I haven't even bothered to ask the union, why bother at this point, I think we know more than them. Appreciate the help if anyone knows. :banghead:

You stay home because your laid off. LOL

I don't exactly know now. What's the 2 phone calls and out the door???

The new contract says you get 2 transfer opportunities. If you decline the second offer, you immediately are put on inactive status. This means no money, no benefits. Who wants to chase Ford around the country? In short, thats my question; am I reading this right?

The new contract says you get 2 transfer opportunities. If you decline the second offer, you immediately are put on inactive status. This means no money, no benefits. Who wants to chase Ford around the country? In short, thats my question; am I reading this right?

That is pretty much my understanding. The thing that sucks the worst is if you decline the first transfer opportunity, you can't go back to it. Example: 1st offer Louisville, you decline. 2nd offer Detroit, you cant say um Id rather go to Louisville. The whole thing stinks. But you have got it correct as far as what I have heard! :banmolest:

That is pretty much my understanding. The thing that sucks the worst is if you decline the first transfer opportunity, you can't go back to it. Example: 1st offer Louisville, you decline. 2nd offer Detroit, you cant say um Id rather go to Louisville. The whole thing stinks. But you have got it correct as far as what I have heard! :banmolest:

doesnt really matter. at this point there are no jobs to offer.

whatever happens, im not moving. i love ky. and will make a living just fine,like i did pre-ford. i would rather stay at ford, but those cards arent in my hand.

You are reading it mostly right. What it actually says is.....during the 48 wks you could get up to 2 job offers. You can decline the first one and stay on layoff. If you decline the second offer you go into inactive status. However if you don't get two offers during the 48 wks., you go into JSP for 12 mos. at which time they only have to make one offer. If ou don't take it you are out on inactive. Source pg. 83A new contract.

I've asked 20 people and gotten 20 different answers. Are we still entitled to 48 weeks? 2 phone calls and out the door is what it seems to me. I haven't even bothered to ask the union, why bother at this point, I think we know more than them. Appreciate the help if anyone knows. :banghead:

Only fact please but if u get laidoff now in this economy your fcked!!!!!!1

You are reading it mostly right. What it actually says is.....during the 48 wks you could get up to 2 job offers. You can decline the first one and stay on layoff. If you decline the second offer you go into inactive status. However if you don't get two offers during the 48 wks., you go into JSP for 12 mos. at which time they only have to make one offer. If ou don't take it you are out on inactive. Source pg. 83A new contract.

Thanks for the clarification!!! I like to see a thread have actual FACTS that answers questions and not a bunch of hogwash and arguing!! We are all just as upset and nervous as the next and come here for answers (we hope). Again Thanks a million for your answer and clarification. :D