adding navigation to 2007

tikt b8

I want to add a navigation unit to my 2007 expedition but i prefer to go OEM to keep all rear dvd controls and subwoofer. The dealership told me that it was impossible to do. I am not sure whether to believe him or not because he was rude and not very helpful after he asked and I told him that I bought it a different dealership. Is it possible or do I need to go aftermarket now. Thanks.

I want to add a navigation unit to my 2007 expedition but i prefer to go OEM to keep all rear dvd controls and subwoofer. The dealership told me that it was impossible to do. I am not sure whether to believe him or not because he was rude and not very helpful after he asked and I told him that I bought it a different dealership. Is it possible or do I need to go aftermarket now. Thanks.

What model Expy you have? Yes, it's possible. It's a simple swap out, but you have to install a gps antenna. Check ebay. Retail is close to 2K I think.

What model Expy you have? Yes, it's possible. It's a simple swap out, but you have to install a gps antenna. Check ebay. Retail is close to 2K I think.

Sorry should have given more information. It is a 2007 limited with the indash 6 cd changer and rear dvd.

Edited by tikt b8

• 1 month later...

As far as parts fit, yes, it is a simple swap. You had better hope and pray that you get one that's configured properly. If you want your steering wheel switches, satellite radio, etc. to work, that is.

Nebraska

• 1 month later...

After doing some homework, it will work and is plug and play. The units are almost all the same but you have to get it programmed to your cars specifications (sat.radio, steering wheel controls, etc). I have one in the mail and should be installed by Saturday! :happy feet:

• 4 months later...
After doing some homework, it will work and is plug and play. The units are almost all the same but you have to get it programmed to your cars specifications (sat.radio, steering wheel controls, etc). I have one in the mail and should be installed by Saturday! :happy feet:

• 1 year later...

Tikt b8 How is it working for you? I would like to do the same to my 08, any tips or where to buy one and have the proper programing done.

Thank you