KTP Local agreement voted down

fusionpower

Well the local agreement for KTP was voted down today, I was very surprised and very glad. I guess now Team Eskridge is going to have to listen to the people on the line for a change. The team leader thing was all wrong anyway, maybe make all of the appointed jobs a bid job instead. That would probally be the right thing to do. Because the those people would take the buy out because they could not go back on the line and work. Thats my two cents for right now :happy feet:

Fusion, even if they were able to make all those appointted positions a bid job, they would like to have them Grandfathered in. So in a sense, it would be useless to even consider it. I do like your thought though. Make them a plant wide bid job. with no Grandfathering in.

Now Team Eskridge needs to do what the people want and not listen to company whineing. Team Leaders should be elected even if the current system has flaws it is still better than makeing them a bid job. I know of people who took the Team Leader job and couldn't wait til the next election to get out, if it is a bid job then they could possibly be screwed.

Fusion, even if they were able to make all those appointted positions a bid job, they would like to have them Grandfathered in. So in a sense, it would be useless to even consider it. I do like your thought though. Make them a plant wide bid job. with no Grandfathering in.

Now Team Eskridge needs to do what the people want and not listen to company whineing. Team Leaders should be elected even if the current system has flaws it is still better than makeing them a bid job. I know of people who took the Team Leader job and couldn't wait til the next election to get out, if it is a bid job then they could possibly be screwed.

Are your team leaders selected by union and management like Rawsonville? if so they pick who they want no matter what the seniority or work record is. It is a really big mistake to have leaders and I feel it is a way to pit union against union and isn't that the way to break a union??? I wish you guys the best of luck on your fight!

Are your team leaders selected by union and management like Rawsonville? if so they pick who they want no matter what the seniority or work record is. It is a really big mistake to have leaders and I feel it is a way to pit union against union and isn't that the way to break a union??? I wish you guys the best of luck on your fight!

the members of each team vote for the team leader.no management votes. it does have rough spots now and then but its not union against union and overall works very well for us.notice most if not all opposition is voiced from outside ktp.

Edited by gunnut69

I can't believe that Skilled trades passed their contract and we voted production's down. It is usually just the opposite. I am guessing we will vote again when we get back. Probably will be the same contract, but the voting will be held during the week when we all can vote. I will still vote NO!

Team leaders at KTP are voted on by team members this is done by clicks, other suck ass ways....

Team leaders at KTP are voted on by team members this is done by clicks, other suck ass ways....

Hey,homerhero I was a teamleader and to the best of my knowledge I've never belonged to a click. Each time I ran for re-election it was only because the majority of people were satisfied

with the job I was doing that I was re-elected. I've never sucked up to anyone and I won't. Though there are people out there who meet your discription,it is not true for most. If I was still

a teamleader I would still say as I am now that it should be an elected position,it helps to keep the integrity of the individual intact as well as the morale of the team.

But,you seem bitter. :rant: Why is that?

Hey,homerhero I was a teamleader and to the best of my knowledge I've never belonged to a click. Each time I ran for re-election it was only because the majority of people were satisfied

with the job I was doing that I was re-elected. I've never sucked up to anyone and I won't. Though there are people out there who meet your discription,it is not true for most. If I was still

a teamleader I would still say as I am now that it should be an elected position,it helps to keep the integrity of the individual intact as well as the morale of the team.

But,you seem bitter. :rant: Why is that?

Not bitter I work at LAP, but I see KTP local is such a joke it’s weak and incompetent just don't want to see the same thing at LAP.

by the way,its clique,not click.

if a clique is a majority.......................is it still a clique? or is it just a majority?

anyway,you dont have any idea.you dont even work there.

Well the local agreement for KTP was voted down today, I was very surprised and very glad. I guess now Team Eskridge is going to have to listen to the people on the line for a change. The team leader thing was all wrong anyway, maybe make all of the appointed jobs a bid job instead. That would probally be the right thing to do. Because the those people would take the buy out because they could not go back on the line and work. Thats my two cents for right now :happy feet:

There is no reason to act is if Scott doesn't listen to the people. If you work at KTP than you know that Scott and his "team" were on the floor nonstop last week talking to the membership regarding this agreement. Scott is well aware of the issue and I heard him tell several of the people who came out and voted that he would address the team leader issue and schedule a new vote during the week, as these were the two biggest concerns voiced by the membership in the plant and at the explanation meeting. I have heard Scott tell multiple people that he works for them and I believe that Scott is firmly committed to representing the wishes of the membership, anyone that implies otherwise is either misinformed or has ulterier motives.

There is no reason to act is if Scott doesn't listen to the people. If you work at KTP than you know that Scott and his "team" were on the floor nonstop last week talking to the membership regarding this agreement. Scott is well aware of the issue and I heard him tell several of the people who came out and voted that he would address the team leader issue and schedule a new vote during the week, as these were the two biggest concerns voiced by the membership in the plant and at the explanation meeting. I have heard Scott tell multiple people that he works for them and I believe that Scott is firmly committed to representing the wishes of the membership, anyone that implies otherwise is either misinformed or has ulterier motives.

Looks like Ellu can't think of any new words to post on all the threads. Maybe it has something to do with their limited vocabulary. Then again maybe this person likes sounding like a broken record.

Scott is the best yada yada yada, Scott is God yada yada yada. Look let Team Eskridge give us a contract we like and it will pass with no problem. That is the bottom line.

Looks like Ellu can't think of any new words to post on all the threads. Maybe it has something to do with their limited vocabulary. Then again maybe this person likes sounding like a broken record.

Scott is the best yada yada yada, Scott is God yada yada yada. Look let Team Eskridge give us a contract we like and it will pass with no problem. That is the bottom line.

Yes I used the same answer on two threads, so what. I was addressing the same issue. The membership has both the right and the responsibility to voice their concerns to their leadership I have no issue with that. However, some of the posts implied that the bargaining committee ignores the membership. I don't believe that is true and I said so. By the way, this particular post was in reply to fusionpower not souljaboy, unless you guys are one and the same your rant is misdirected.

For the record: I predict that the bargaining committee will bring the membership a contract that they will support and that you will continue to make long winded deprecating posts on Blue Oval News for your own self-aggrandizement, rather than for the edification of its readers.

Edited by ellu369

Yes I used the same answer on two threads, so what. I was addressing the same issue. The membership has both the right and the responsibility to voice their concerns to their leadership I have no issue with that. However, some of the posts implied that the bargaining committee ignores the membership. I don't believe that is true and I said so. By the way, this particular post was in reply to fusionpower not souljaboy, unless you guys are one and the same your rant is misdirected.

For the record: I predict that the bargaining committee will bring the membership a contract that they will support and that you will continue to make long winded deprecating posts on Blue Oval News for your own self-aggrandizement, rather than for the edification of its readers.

Ellu369 believe it or not although we are on the same chapter, we are just on different pages. I too believe that Team Eskridge will bring a contract to the membership that we will both support and vote in. I am just saying that this time maybe all of our bitchin will not fall on deaf ears. I think that this time we might have a group of people in office that will go back to the drawing board and agree on something that the membership will like. No I am not Fusionpower but I agree with some of his/her post's.

As for me being long winded, well, sometimes I get that way. I can't help it it just happens. You have to admitt though I can rant with the best of them LOL.

Ellu369 believe it or not although we are on the same chapter, we are just on different pages. I too believe that Team Eskridge will bring a contract to the membership that we will both support and vote in. I am just saying that this time maybe all of our bitchin will not fall on deaf ears. I think that this time we might have a group of people in office that will go back to the drawing board and agree on something that the membership will like. No I am not Fusionpower but I agree with some of his/her post's.

As for me being long winded, well, sometimes I get that way. I can't help it it just happens. You have to admitt though I can rant with the best of them LOL.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

I guess everyone has the right to complain, and we all hated the TL issue. But, I was glad to see that the BC didn't hide once it got ugly, and when they came down chassis they didn't yap about the old "vote it in or the plant will close" crap we always hear. You say anything nice you'll get flamed in here (i do that so im not complaining) but it's hard to say things aren't getting better as far as night shift chassis goes. Lets see if they put the same exact contract up like the last chairman did. Never moved a coma and it was voted int he second time.

Ratfree glad to see you are still around and kicking. I believe everyone has come to agree on the Team Leader issue. Nice to finnally have some Solidarity in the plant for a change. Everyone in here knows I don't care too much for Team Eskridge, but it is great to see even the ones that support him disagree on the Team Leader issue.

I thought it took three times to get the last contract voted in but I could be wrong. I am waiting now to see if it changes. keep the pressure on for this change, it might be the only way to keep it the way it is now with no changes to the Team Leader.

I guess everyone has the right to complain, and we all hated the TL issue. But, I was glad to see that the BC didn't hide once it got ugly, and when they came down chassis they didn't yap about the old "vote it in or the plant will close" crap we always hear. You say anything nice you'll get flamed in here (i do that so im not complaining) but it's hard to say things aren't getting better as far as night shift chassis goes. Lets see if they put the same exact contract up like the last chairman did. Never moved a coma and it was voted int he second time.

bet you wont expect this:

youre right!! things are getting better.

scott was able to sway me over to his side,in person.that and some stuff allen did.so.....sorry about jumpin yer ass that time,i shouldnt have done that.

long live ktp,and its elected team leaders