ESC on 2009 Focus?

OldZephyr

Anybody else know of likely changes for the 09 Focus? My Mom might get one in December so I am trying to find out for her. I know there will be rear headrests, but any other major changes?

-I wouldn't be surprised to see Sync std on the SE model

-Ford really needs to make speed control and audio steering wheel controls std on the SE (it should also be std on the Escape) audio controls on the steering wheel are an inexpensive driver pleaser.

-I would also like new std wheels for the SE. For some reason I liked those wheels on the previous gen Focus but do not like them on the new one...

-Please keep the blue color, IMHO one of the best colors in the market...I wish the Fusion came in that color.

-Am I crazy to think that Ford, might, might put the new 2.5I4 and 6speed transmission into the thing as a ST model (with std 5speed manual of course) A 6speed auto would do wonders for the Focus' fuel economy and status among the reviewers me thinks.

-ABS should be made std on the SES (why isn't it an SEL?)

- Does anybody know when the 09 Ordering Guide comes out?

Thanks a Billion.

Anybody else know of likely changes for the 09 Focus? My Mom might get one in December so I am trying to find out for her. I know there will be rear headrests, but any other major changes?

-Ford really needs to make speed control and audio steering wheel controls std on the SE (it should also be std on the Escape) audio controls on the steering wheel are an inexpensive driver pleaser.

-I would also like new std wheels for the SE. For some reason I liked those wheels on the previous gen Focus but do not like them on the new one...

-Please keep the blue color, IMHO one of the best colors in the market...I wish the Fusion came in that color.

-Am I crazy to think that Ford, might, might put the new 2.5I4 and 6speed transmission into the thing as a ST model (with std 5speed manual of course) A 6speed auto would do wonders for the Focus' fuel economy and status among the reviewers me thinks.

Thanks a Billion.

I doubt the 2.5+6 speed auto will fit in the focus.

The new 6-speed itself might. I've heard it's not much bigger than the 4F27E. It had to be smaller to fit into the Escape. That said, the 4F27E is an excellent transmission. It is probably one of most reliable and flexible transmission on the market (for those who want to super/turbo their Focus). The real shortcoming on the Focus is the lack of VVT on 2.0 that might help its torque band on the low-end and make city driving more efficient. Better tuning of the 2.0 could probably get Ford a rating of 26/34 in the auto. The addition of a six-speed would only be advantageous if there was enough torque at 2,000 rpms so that it wouldn't have to keep downshifting to find power at highway speeds (ie - VVT). If that were the case, 26/36 would probably be possible.

i actually heard it was supposed to be standard....on usa today of all places.

what's funny, my sister's 01 focus had advance trac......way back when......

Thanks for the tip. Here is the link to USA Today article you were referring to: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/review...-26-focus_N.htm

It says: "Ford notes that rear head restraints and stability control will be standard on the 2009 Focus." I have no idea if this is correct or not. Any insiders know about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a Billion.

I'm in a similar boat. Any info on the 09 ordering guide will be greatly appreciated. Based on Autoblog (link), stability control is standard. If the rear headrests are there as well, I think I'm going for a 2009.