Traction Control Flashing/No brakes

ELlover

I was out driving today and while going straight approx 40 MPH i noticed the RSC light flashing. A few seconds later I had to merge right onto another road, when I went to brake slightly I had NO BRAKES. So while I was freaking out I started pumping the brake and the light went off and I had brakes again.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? The road conditions are perfect, no lane changes and not speeding. The only thing I have ever noticed is the brakes feel soft or take a while to respond, I guess thats how to explain it.

I was out driving today and while going straight approx 40 MPH i noticed the RSC light flashing. A few seconds later I had to merge right onto another road, when I went to brake slightly I had NO BRAKES. So while I was freaking out I started pumping the brake and the light went off and I had brakes again.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? The road conditions are perfect, no lane changes and not speeding. The only thing I have ever noticed is the brakes feel soft or take a while to respond, I guess thats how to explain it.

Boy if you are for real, I have never heard anyone with the luck you seem to have with almost everything about your truck. I have lost count of your problems.

Boy if you are for real, I have never heard anyone with the luck you seem to have with almost everything about your truck. I have lost count of your problems.

I am 150% for real!!! I have had some dumb luck with this Expedition. I lost count as well, its sad that I have had this many problems and it did drive me away from the Expedition and owning a new SUV for a while.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem! I have a 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer. I was going down a hill and the light stated flashing and at the end of the hill i had no brakes, just a loud grinding sound. I stop and checked everything (walk around). Nothing seemed out of order, and the light went off. Drove about a mile and it did it again. I took it straight to the dealer and they said they didnt know what was wrong with it. no codes thrown or anything. I took it home and it hasn't happen again.

I had the same problem! I have a 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer. I was going down a hill and the light stated flashing and at the end of the hill i had no brakes, just a loud grinding sound. I stop and checked everything (walk around). Nothing seemed out of order, and the light went off. Drove about a mile and it did it again. I took it straight to the dealer and they said they didnt know what was wrong with it. no codes thrown or anything. I took it home and it hasn't happen again.

File a complaint with the NHTSA. The more complaints, the more likely Ford will address this problem.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/Consumer.cfm