Ford's secret deals

Harry Bennet

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2005512030318

goes to say how Georgia and Michigan went to bat

My favorite quote form this article:

Richard Abner, 48, of Romulus, has worked at the Wixom plant for 32 years and said he is suspicious of news Wixom will remain open

48-32=16!! Times were so good in 1973 one could drop out of high school and get a job at Ford's

You go Richard!

Maybe you need to know somebody today to get a job at Ford, but in 1973, you did not. You could basically walk off the street and be put to work.

Hell my granddads told me they used to drive a van around Monroe and toledo asking people if they wanted to go to work and they would load up and take them to the plant.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2005512030318

goes to say how Georgia and Michigan went to bat

My favorite quote form this article:

Richard Abner, 48, of Romulus, has worked at the Wixom plant for 32 years and said he is suspicious of news Wixom will remain open

48-32=16!! Times were so good in 1973 one could drop out of high school and get a job at Ford's

You go Richard!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

AAP is going to shut down.

The WAP will get 4 NEW CAR LINES. CSMAUTO.COM

I was 16 when I graduated High School.

Not everyone spends 3 years in Grade 1, you know.

Not meaning to pick on anyone.

The numbers don't add up you either skipped a grade or skipped math. They don't start Kindergarten at age 3. K-12 = 13 years 16-13=3.

please clarify. :huh:

Not meaning to pick on anyone.

The numbers don't add up you either skipped a grade or skipped math. They don't start Kindergarten at age 3. K-12 = 13 years 16-13=3.

please clarify. :huh:

Because my birthday was in February, I started school I was one of the youngest in my class.

I skipped grade 5, went from 4 to 6. I had started High School at 13. Because we were semestered, I finished in the Fall Semester before my birthday in February. (You needed 27 Credits for Grade 12, 8 a year for 3 years plus 4 in the first Semester of Grade 12=28. I was taking Grade 13 courses in Grade 12. For those in the US, that is like University Prelim)

The point I was making was that it is possible.

The rules are different now, you need to be 18 to start at Ford.

Because my birthday was in February, I started school I was one of the youngest in my class.

I skipped grade 5, went from 4 to 6. I had started High School at 13. Because we were semestered, I finished in the Fall Semester before my birthday in February. (You needed 27 Credits for Grade 12, 8 a year for 3 years plus 4 in the first Semester of Grade 12=28. I was taking Grade 13 courses in Grade 12. For those in the US, that is like University Prelim)

The point I was making was that it is possible.

The rules are different now, you need to be 18 to start at Ford.

You need to be 18???? I could have sworn that last group of new hires had some infants in the mix.