Rumor: Milan ACH contract reached?

I don't mean to be spreading rumors, but I heard one today and wondered if anyone had heard anything about this. I heard that Milan ACH had reached an agreement with the new buyers and that the Ford people still working there would be able to remain there until the current Ford national contract expires and Ford subsidizing their pay until the end of the contract. Any truth to this? Again, I am not trying to stir any pots, just asking a question about a rumor I heard. Thanks for any feedback.

Nope not a cleaner, I'm a hydraulic guy and a fellow hydraulic guy told me this today at work.

You can not be a Hydraulic guy because the last contract (National) combined classifications and consolidated you with Pipe Fitters. This will hold true unless you go to Rawsonville, then they will combine you with Machine Repair. Rawsonville does not have to abide by the National Contract from what it appears.

You can not be a Hydraulic guy because the last contract (National) combined classifications and consolidated you with Pipe Fitters. This will hold true unless you go to Rawsonville, then they will combine you with Machine Repair. Rawsonville does not have to abide by the National Contract from what it appears.

You're right that the hydraulic trade wasn't one of the trades retained in the last contract and if I go to a different plant that only has pipefitters, I'll return to my base trade of pipefitting. But while I'm here in Saline, I am still hydraulic repair and would stay that way until I retired if I stayed here, which I won't . If you read that part of the contract it says the trade will be phased out through attrition. I know I'll eventually be a pipefitter, but for now I'm still hydraulic repair. Thanks for your comment.

Edited by fordguy61mi

I don't mean to be spreading rumors, but I heard one today and wondered if anyone had heard anything about this. I heard that Milan ACH had reached an agreement with the new buyers and that the Ford people still working there would be able to remain there until the current Ford national contract expires and Ford subsidizing their pay until the end of the contract. Any truth to this? Again, I am not trying to stir any pots, just asking a question about a rumor I heard. Thanks for any feedback.

I am at the Milan plant and it's not true. We have 4 months after Flex N Gate takes over get out.....take the buyout....flowback, whatever. We then end up in GEN pool unless we bid on an upcoming plant opening. Which that in itself doesn't look promising either at the current time.

I am at the Milan plant and it's not true. We have 4 months after Flex N Gate takes over get out.....take the buyout....flowback, whatever. We then end up in GEN pool unless we bid on an upcoming plant opening. Which that in itself doesn't look promising either at the current time.

Thanks for clearing up that rumor for us.