Picked up a Flex brouchure today

Just got back from having my Mountaineer's speed control fixed because of the recall. Yeah, I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to make sure they had the parts in first.

Anyway, picked up a Flex brochure in Athens Alabama and it has some interesting stuff in there. Some of the highlights (excuse me if they have been discussed already);

Noise: The fact of the matter: Flex is one quiet crossover, thanks to engineers who carefully applied sound-deadening insulation, specified a 6-mm-thick windshield and selected road noise-quieting tires. (I don't know what size thickness is used now, but that might be a wee bit thicker.)

Plug in a laptop or other small electronic with the available 110-volt inverter - standard on the Limited. It's located right behind the front console. (This may be currently available in some vehicles, but naturally my 1999 doesn't have it and I have a converter I plug into the cigarette lighter.)

It also answers my question about the towing package: Class III includes hitch receiver with 4500-lb. rating, 4-/7-pin connector with wiring harness, engine oil cooler and tire mobility kit (in addition to standard spare - what ever that means). Available on SE, SEL and Limited (Fall 2008 on FWD models).

Wheels, 20" chrome clad (spoke type) - available as a genuine Ford accessory late 4th quarter 2008. Also, 22" chrome clad (kind of like elongated bubbles) - available as a genuine Ford accessory late 4th quarter 2008. Both are kinda nice looking, compared to the standard ones.

Then there's a section called "It struts your style with custom accessories". Some of them are: rear spoiler, rear tailgate appliqué in faux carbon fiber, body kit (covers the extreme lower and rear portions), groove inserts (door side) in faux carbon fiber (but not wood grain), dual INVISION DVD headrests (behind driver and passenger seats), front lighted sill plates (where "Flex is stamped into the sill plate, the word "Flex" lights up), with the introduction of the (non-locking) capless fuel-filler system - a locking cap is optional, and last but not least - Katzkin leather seat covers in 24 colors and combinations.

Oh, there's more - Skyway Smart Alert (which is similar to On-star), HD radio, Garmin Nuvi portable navigation system and Thule racks.

ChuckZ

I also posted this on the Flex forum website too.

Awesome! I lover collecting brochures, but alas my collection only reaches back to 2005. Does it have a pic of the SE interior? It drives me nuts when brochures have pics of any worthwhile size of only one color (usually black like in the Fusion brochure) or of one trim level. I checked my local dealer today in Farmington Hills MI and they didn't have any 09 brochures...gonna have to check back next week.

'ds91776'

As you suspected, no interior shots of the SE and/or SEL. Plus, they only two shots of the SEL exterior and no SE exteriors in the regular part of the brouchure...this is known as the photo says what model is displayed. They do, however, use the SEL for the display of the various colors. Guess they wanted to show the painted tailgate versus the Limited's satin-aluminum applique.

Wheels, 20" chrome clad (spoke type) - available as a genuine Ford accessory late 4th quarter 2008. Also, 22" chrome clad (kind of like elongated bubbles) - available as a genuine Ford accessory late 4th quarter 2008. Both are kinda nice looking, compared to the standard ones.

I knew they'd be offering 20s as late availability, but I didn't know 22s would also be an option. I wonder what those would look like on the Flex.