Ford Edge update (2010 MCE)

Here's a sketch (well, traced with new front clip and a few other things) of what I'd make the 2010 Edge look like.

I tried to keep the overall character of the current model, while making it noticably different.

The grille remains largely the same, except for a new small chrome "outline" strip on the top and it has been extended lower into the bumper, removing the current separate grille box. There are also reworked headlamps and a kinetic inspired lower bumper. The hood has also been given a powerdome "feature" which could allow for larger engines (EB 3.5?).

The wheels, while they look the same as the current (or coming, I suppose) Sport model, were actually made slightly larger, but with the same design. (I liked how they looked, so why change it?) The side, not much has changed, except for the addition of the next-gen keypad in the b-pillar. I've reshaped the mirrors slightly in hopes of a more aerodynamic design. The antenna has also been removed and replaced by an Expedition-type "invisible" (or interior windshield mounted) antenna. Added to the rear-most window is a slight uptick, like featured on the Plug-in Edge HySeries Drive concept. I thought about incorporating Flex's door rocker panels but didn't.

Coming to the rear, not much has changed, at least from this angle. I wanted larger exhaust pipes on the Edge, so you can see the tip sticking out from this view. The taillight shape is slightly changed, I wasn't sure what to do with it, though.

Hope you all like it, and post your thoughts, please!

Sorry about the image quality....it had to be reduced and it was done on tracing paper with a regular pencil, so it's not very good quality.

post-28332-1213418422_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

I really liked it, is 2010 really the year when the Edge is already updated? Ford just released the Flex and they have started working on an updated to be released 3 yrs later.

To my knowledge, and according to what I've read here, yes, 2010 will be the Edge's MCE date, which would put it on a 3/6 year cycle: new model every 6 years, with refresh every 3 in between.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a sketch (well, traced with new front clip and a few other things) of what I'd make the 2010 Edge look like.

I tried to keep the overall character of the current model, while making it noticably different.

The grille remains largely the same, except for a new small chrome "outline" strip on the top and it has been extended lower into the bumper, removing the current separate grille box. There are also reworked headlamps and a kinetic inspired lower bumper. The hood has also been given a powerdome "feature" which could allow for larger engines (EB 3.5?).

The wheels, while they look the same as the current (or coming, I suppose) Sport model, were actually made slightly larger, but with the same design. (I liked how they looked, so why change it?) The side, not much has changed, except for the addition of the next-gen keypad in the b-pillar. I've reshaped the mirrors slightly in hopes of a more aerodynamic design. The antenna has also been removed and replaced by an Expedition-type "invisible" (or interior windshield mounted) antenna. Added to the rear-most window is a slight uptick, like featured on the Plug-in Edge HySeries Drive concept. I thought about incorporating Flex's door rocker panels but didn't.

Coming to the rear, not much has changed, at least from this angle. I wanted larger exhaust pipes on the Edge, so you can see the tip sticking out from this view. The taillight shape is slightly changed, I wasn't sure what to do with it, though.

Hope you all like it, and post your thoughts, please!

Sorry about the image quality....it had to be reduced and it was done on tracing paper with a regular pencil, so it's not very good quality.

OH, YEAH!!!!

Make room for that twin turbo 3.5 EcoBoost, baby! 340hp 340ft/lb I will trade in my 6.0 PSD F-250 in a hot minute.