Volvo s80 vs Porsche 911 vs bmw3-series

purevolvoman

I just moved in to a new city where everyone drives bmw's. I am looking for a new car to get and have been reading tons of good reviews on the 2008 volvo s80. Most of my neighbors are telling me to get the bmw 3-series. I also have friends that suggested porsche. Im curious to see what you volvo lovers would say to this. Give me some opinions! Here's the exact cars i narrowed my search to.

• 2 months later...

They're all good cars. The 3-series is really solid, imo. It's the sweet spot of BMW's lineup. I don't know much about the Volvo.

The Porsche... is a Porsche but not really. I hate how Porsche came out with all these lesser Porsches for people who can't afford the 911 Turbo. Go all out or not at all.

If you just need a good car and don't mind blazing trails, the Hyundai Genesis is worth a look. But if "everyone" is driving BMWs and it would make you feel weird, just get the Bimmer. The 3-series is a good car.

From what I've seen lately, there isn't much that compares to the luxury/performance value of Hyundai's new offering. But out of the three you mentioned... the Porsche is the flashiest, 3-series is the car everyone and their grandma has, and the volvo seems like a nice solid offering that blends into the background. In the end it's about what you personally want. I'd probably check out the Volvo first but as of now I'd go with the 3-series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just get the Beemer.

Feel comforted that the conformist machine and peer pressure has you by the short and curlies.

In my opinion, I would just go out and get whatever I want and like to. Who cares if everyone else is driving Beemers? Be yourself! :rockon:

Also -- not trying to steal this thread -- how you been ViperPilot? I recently ordered another car but saw that you had stopped the order tracking. Bummer. :ohsnap:

However, I did want to say thanks for all your help with my last four purchases. :beerchug:

• 3 weeks later...