07 Sport Trac heated windsheild

I test drove a 4.6 V8 Limited, looking through the heated windshield it seemed I had on the wife's glasses, and she thought she had on mine!

I checked with another couple who drove it and they thought the same, the windsheild seemed to distort the view.

Could it be a problem with the heated windshield, I would think the non heated version would be the same as an 06 explorer.

Other than that the truck is a home run for Ford!!

If there was distortion in the heated windshield, the windshield is defective. There shouldn't be any distortion at all. Distortion is an issue you have with heated windshields...only drawback. The issue has come about throughout the launch. We have sorted for distortion in heated windshields a few times.

LAPSergio

Thanks for the private E-Mails, it looks like this issue is resolved, the one we tested was a early one which slipped past the QA controls.

The winshield will be replaced as soon as the part comes in.

Thanks again for the follow up.

You're welcome. Enjoy your new Sport Trac.

Leisha,

Go to www.mysporttrac.com

We are a bunch of Sport trac owners, the site has been there since the 2001 Trac Job 1. I have been there since mid 2001. There is a bunch of info and good stuff there.

have a good one

Bob

Thanks for the link, the replys I have gotten here were informative, I think the 07 Sport Trac is a real home run.

I was shaken with the windshield issue when I made our first test drive but since have been assured it has been addressed. I have a 02 and 04 T-Bird and have been a BON for a couple of years before the 02 arrived.

I have changed my ID since I first started.

I am with two T-Bird sites and I enjoy the info shared, I am sure I will enjoy this link.

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

I have a 08 ST with the heated windshield.

When driving at night on coming cars lights look as if I am looking at them through a wet windshield.

There is a type of starburst look to them.... Is this common or is that also part of the distoration that has been talked about?