My Dealer call me today.

jmb

I am so totally ticked off right now! JEEZ! So I ordered my FEH BPS 4 weeks ago, put down a $200.00 deposit and was told by my salesman that I got in under the wire, I was the third order accepted out of a total of 4. So I call this past week and wanted the information order #, order code and priority and to see if the vin had been assigned. Only to be told that the salesman no longer worked there. I had gotten no call, no follow up nothing! So I spoke with another salesman today and he tracked my order. NO ORDER! It was inputted and accepted but I was past their allocated number of cars. I just WASTED a WHOLE MONTH! I am so ticked! So I still don't know if they will be allocated any more cars and I don't know if I'm first on the list. Right now I am ready to scrap this whole thing what a PIA. All this screwing around, all this I don't know this and I don't know that. Dammit!

So I guess I have to get on the phone and try to find a dealer (4 hours away in Phoenix) and see if anyone has any allocation and if they don't have a waiting list! Which I believe is IMPOSSIBLE!

I am so totally ticked off right now! JEEZ! So I ordered my FEH BPS 4 weeks ago, put down a $200.00 deposit and was told by my salesman that I got in under the wire, I was the third order accepted out of a total of 4. So I call this past week and wanted the information order #, order code and priority and to see if the vin had been assigned. Only to be told that the salesman no longer worked there. I had gotten no call, no follow up nothing! So I spoke with another salesman today and he tracked my order. NO ORDER! It was inputted and accepted but I was past their allocated number of cars. I just WASTED a WHOLE MONTH! I am so ticked! So I still don't know if they will be allocated any more cars and I don't know if I'm first on the list. Right now I am ready to scrap this whole thing what a PIA. All this screwing around, all this I don't know this and I don't know that. Dammit!

So I guess I have to get on the phone and try to find a dealer (4 hours away in Phoenix) and see if anyone has any allocation and if they don't have a waiting list! Which I believe is IMPOSSIBLE!

Never good when the sales person leaves and the dealer does not followup. Good luck!

Hi Tango-

Are you in Arizona? If you are willing to drive into California for your order, you might find more allotment? I ordered my Escape through Drew Ford in La Mesa (San Diego County) on 6/12 and had a serialize date and segment date by 06/26, sequence date by 7/8 and blend date on 7/11.

Hi Tango-

Are you in Arizona? If you are willing to drive into California for your order, you might find more allotment? I ordered my Escape through Drew Ford in La Mesa (San Diego County) on 6/12 and had a serialize date and segment date by 06/26, sequence date by 7/8 and blend date on 7/11.

Hold on, why is there a two week turn around for a VIN number in California and a 2-X month turnover for VIN numbers in New Jersey? I am happy for you that yours went so quick, but how about the rest of the country? :banghead:

Hold on, why is there a two week turn around for a VIN number in California and a 2-X month turnover for VIN numbers in New Jersey? I am happy for you that yours went so quick, but how about the rest of the country? :banghead:

Could it be because he ordered a V-6 and not a "FEH"?

Wish I knew the answer for that. I was told by my salesman at the time of ordering that nothing would happen with my order for about 30 days, but to keep checking back with him. I had talked to my salesman over the phone a couple times, always being told that nothing was showing in his system, and the last time I called, he was out so I was transferred to the manager. When the manager went into his own system, he was able to call up my order and provide me with the VIN number (which had been assigned prior to the last time I'd talked to my salesperson). I don't know if the delay for Escape/Mariner orders has to do with dealer alottment, engine type, state priority, draw out of a hat lottery or what... I just know that my salesperson didn't see the VIN when I talked to him, but the manager could.

Wish I knew the answer for that. I was told by my salesman at the time of ordering that nothing would happen with my order for about 30 days, but to keep checking back with him. I had talked to my salesman over the phone a couple times, always being told that nothing was showing in his system, and the last time I called, he was out so I was transferred to the manager. When the manager went into his own system, he was able to call up my order and provide me with the VIN number (which had been assigned prior to the last time I'd talked to my salesperson). I don't know if the delay for Escape/Mariner orders has to do with dealer alottment, engine type, state priority, draw out of a hat lottery or what... I just know that my salesperson didn't see the VIN when I talked to him, but the manager could.

Is it wise to go over the sales person at the dealership? Do you have to deal with just the manager now? :finger:

I believe I still deal with the salesman - when I called, the salesman was off that day (luck?) and when I told the receptionist that I wanted to check status of my order, she transferred me to the manager. Since I've received the VIN from the manager, I received a voicemail message from my salesman a week later as a "calling to check in and give updates". I am not sure what the etiquette is for car orders (this is the first time I've ever ordered a car) but I believe that good customer service is how all employees treat/service that customer, not just how the salesperson serves the customer.

I started out in Arizona then I moved a called a few dealers in Cali, but then I thought I would try Phoenix (big city, yada yada yada). I have since gone online and "built my own" and was contacted by my original dealer. I tried to explain to the salesman (my original) that you need to have allocation for me to even order a vehicle, I don't think it got through. He said, now get this... I have to meet with the GM and order the vehicle through him and I will get my FEH in 60 days!!!!! HA HA HA HA! I should make a bet with him that I will pay $1,000 over MSRP if he can get my order FEH here in 60 days! If not I would pay $1,000 below MSRP! The insanity of it all astounds!

I also know Kcap is going on vacation July 28th for 2 weeks! Sure bet, I wonder if he'll even take the bet??

Edited by Tango

I started out in Arizona then I moved a called a few dealers in Cali, but then I thought I would try Phoenix (big city, yada yada yada). I have since gone online and "built my own" and was contacted by my original dealer. I tried to explain to the salesman (my original) that you need to have allocation for me to even order a vehicle, I don't think it got through. He said, now get this... I have to meet with the GM and order the vehicle through him and I will get my FEH in 60 days!!!!! HA HA HA HA! I should make a bet with him that I will pay $1,000 over MSRP if he can get my order FEH here in 60 days! If not I would pay $1,000 below MSRP! The insanity of it all astounds!

I also know Kcap is going on vacation July 28th for 2 weeks! Sure bet, I wonder if he'll even take the bet??

I live in Phoenix and my sme miracle I ordered my FEH on May 12th and it has been built and is in shipping now.I have been reading about all the difficullties and so I checked cars.com to see what was being advertised by the dealers who use it. I assume they have them in stock as they all had vin numbers.

Basically as of today nthere are 2 09's available in the metro phoenix area (not priced) and around 6 up in san francisco that did have prices on them.

I consider myself very lucky to have made it thru the system as fast as I did as there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how they are filling these and my dealer originally told me it could be as late as october for a may order.

I'm also in the Phoenix area and received a call earlier this week that our FEH would arrive around the 2nd week of August. I didn't have time to ask for details but I'm assuming it was built this week. We ordered it on 5/28.

Jim

I found several 09 Escapes at a dealership in San Diego (Mossyford.com). 1 is gas listed at $21620.00 (suede white- there are pictures of it on the lot) and 4 09 Escape hybrids, all of which are priced at $31045.00 (Black, Brilliant Silver, Black Pearl Slate and Kiwi Green)..3 of them have pictures of the vehicle on the lot. The other 1 has a generic dealer picture.

Edited by Jaruldt

Well, Colorado River Ford is the dealer I am dealing with. They've already backed off the 60 days and said 90 days now if I order one. But I found out before I went yesterday they also have a dealership in Needles. And yesterday I found out they order ALL their cars through the Needles dealership. So....We shall see. I also told them about the bet, but I wasn't going to bet since they've already backed off the 60 days.

But they are still not believing that they must have allocation, they told me that they can do retail sales and not allocated sales which they think deals with fleet sales. I gave up trying to explain and put it down to difference in terminology. We will see, if they get me the info as we go along, if not I hope to find one on the lot. Shouldn't be too hard I just want an AWD, BPS, base model.

Thanks Jaruldt, I will check out Mossy since I am a BPS girl! If it's a AWD I might just go for it.

My '09 FWD FEHL was shipped on 07/17 and it arrived at the dealership this weekend according to my Broker who just called. The dealership in Miami is going to flatbed it to Palm Beach Gardens and I will pick it up there at my Credit Union at 4pm today. Reviews coming soon!

My '09 FWD FEHL was shipped on 07/17 and it arrived at the dealership this weekend according to my Broker who just called. The dealership in Miami is going to flatbed it to Palm Beach Gardens and I will pick it up there at my Credit Union at 4pm today. Reviews coming soon!

Congrats Gary. I hate you! Just kidding. Enjoy. I'm jealous.

Same, I got the call today, my FEH is in also. I pick it up tomorrow. Ordered May 3rd. I am in Phila area,

Now the fun begins,

Thanks everyone for your inputs here.

I will get a call tomorrow telling me my FEH is in. :happy feet: I was driving by the dealer after hours as the transport was getting ready to off load the vehicle. I was able to give it a quick look over before he put it inside the compound. I'm in Washington, so if there's any others close by, the train finally made it. I ordered it on 5/7 and it was originally scheduled to arrive on 7/14, but was held up. The second ETA date was right on. Best of luck to all of you who are in various stages of waiting for your new vehicle. I hope your wait is short.