Latest KTP News Letter for those still on TLO

KWMJ-KTP

You just might very well be right on this one. What I would like to know is if you think Senority dosent count for something? Didn't you have the same opportunity to sign up for the transfer? Did you even sign up for the transfer?

Assumeing that you did, did you think that people who has higher senority than you should not have had the same rights to transfer as well?

Could those people who had senority than you, take the transfer to maybe help save some of the lower senority people who would be left?

KTP and LAp could have cancelled the deal to transfer at anytime they wanted too. Therefore leaving another 100 people to be laidoff. Is that what you want?

You see whether those people who transfered was told the deal was off, you still would be laid-off.

I hate to sound so damn callus on this issue, but people need to understand that senority means more than who would be the highset person on a flip list.

One more thing, you do not like what is happening then go sign up for the damn buy-out. it is your negativity that is hurting the morale in the plant.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just might very well be right on this one. What I would like to know is if you think Senority dosent count for something? Didn't you have the same opportunity to sign up for the transfer? Did you even sign up for the transfer?

Assumeing that you did, did you think that people who has higher senority than you should not have had the same rights to transfer as well?

Could those people who had senority than you, take the transfer to maybe help save some of the lower senority people who would be left?

KTP and LAp could have cancelled the deal to transfer at anytime they wanted too. Therefore leaving another 100 people to be laidoff. Is that what you want?

You see whether those people who transfered was told the deal was off, you still would be laid-off.

I hate to sound so damn callus on this issue, but people need to understand that senority means more than who would be the highset person on a flip list.

One more thing, you do not like what is happening then go sign up for the damn buy-out. it is your negativity that is hurting the morale in the plant.

Yeah, I did have the chance to sign up and I did, but did not make the cut.

Did I ever say in my one sentence that anyone with higher senority shouldn't have signed up? If I did, please show me. I understand people wanting to better thier situation. That is why I signed up.

I fully understand what having senority means, I've been working in union based jobs since 96' and I used senority to my full advantage while at UPS. Now let me ask you what it means. While being laid off in 05' and placed in the gin pool, I was the 2nd highest in senority there. When told that we were going back to work I was asked what shift I wanted. I chose A crew only to be told the next day that I was going back to B crew cause NOBODY was needed on A crew. I went back to my original team while all the lower senority poeple were placed on A crew, stamping plant, body shop, and paint department. Explain to me cause I'm almost 100% posotive that is not how senority works...

As for my attitude, you give me something to be posotive about and I'll be more than glad to do so you can take your morale and stick up where you want. My attitude is not the sold reason why morale is low in KTP and you know it. Losers that can't come to work, play the medical game, retirees that have 50 plus years in that won't leave, and all the bullshit that Ford is doing is what causes the morale down.

I don't know what you senority is nor do I care, but if your not in my position and the other 229 others your comments mean nothing to me.

Yeah lowsenority its funny they ask what shift, then just put us where ever they wanted us...Maybe if we get to go to Gen, they will have the porta potties set up for us again. Tell us not to go in any building. I still can't get over how LAP went from laying a shift off, too not. And us laying people off. I would bet there are 250 people who would take a TLO for 6 months if asked.

Yeah lowsenority its funny they ask what shift, then just put us where ever they wanted us...Maybe if we get to go to Gen, they will have the porta potties set up for us again. Tell us not to go in any building. I still can't get over how LAP went from laying a shift off, too not. And us laying people off. I would bet there are 250 people who would take a TLO for 6 months if asked.

Back in 05' when we were laid off, I had a girl on my team pissed cause she couldn't go. Guess what? She went out on medical a month later and came back Thanksgiving week of 06', worked Mon. and Tues. and hasn't been back to work since. Lets see, shes working on being off on medical for 3 years now and I'm the one getting laid off.

Yeah, my attitude is why morale is down in the plant. :hysterical:

Back in 05' when we were laid off, I had a girl on my team pissed cause she couldn't go. Guess what? She went out on medical a month later and came back Thanksgiving week of 06', worked Mon. and Tues. and hasn't been back to work since. Lets see, shes working on being off on medical for 3 years now and I'm the one getting laid off.

Yeah, my attitude is why morale is down in the plant. :hysterical:

Just remember she'll pay for that when she wants to retire, and she thinks she has 30 years in.

The Union will only tell me that the layoff has been canceled indefinately because they are going to keep paint and body on three shifts for another month.

Although I have a theory....

We needed 3 shifts in Paint and Body to run the 250,000 to 300,000 units they had planned to build annually of the Super Duty. Due to the weak sales we are currently under 200,000 annualized units at the current sales pace on the Super Duty.

For the 2009 Calendar year our plant is planning on building 195,000 Super Duty trucks and 65,000 to 75,000 Expeditions & Navigators, totaling 260,000 to 270,000 units. I was just commenting to some people on Tuesday that shouldn't we need 3 shifts in paint and body to run that number of units between F-Series, Expedition & Navigator, because we were going to have 3 shifts when they were planning on building that many F-Series alone. My guess is that perhaps they have decided to keep the 3 shifts back there for this purpose. I may be wrong, like I said, it is just my theory.

Also, I have been wondering if they will move the dies for Expedition & Navigator's body panels to our Stamping Plant or will they leave them at their current location, wherever that is. If they did do this, it would surely add the 3rd shift back to Stamping.

Low Sen. Hold on and head up right. Things are looking better.

Yeah...I'm just gonna see how it all plays out, but I'm still applying at other places. I will be honest, if I can get something lined up in the field of work I want to do before the buyout, I will take it. With the job I'm seeking, its 20 and out so I'll be retiring about the same time I would from Ford. :happy feet:

The good thing about the cancel of the layoff is that puts those people in the plant past the Sept. 15th and will be eligable for the performance bonus that they were gonna screw us out of. I think that played a big part in the turn around myself.

Edited by lowsenority