Tyson dropping Labor Day!

ReedyCreekBuc

Should we only celebrate the "White guy" holidays? :finger:

We are the "melting pot" of the world. As our demographics change, so should (...and they will) our customs need to change.

Only the ignorant are afraid of change.. :hysterical: Diversity is the spice of life. :happy feet:

"...I say if you want to live here, then live with the traditions that we've established since the beginning of this country. If you don't like it, go back to your own country and it will be just the way you want it! Does all this seem insane to anyone else besides me?..."

The Native Indians couldn't have said it better... :shades:

I was not aware that national holidays were defined by race.This is one person who is not falling for anymore passive-agressive Bull$hit.You racist against Whites?But you like the country they built,huh?You like prosperity and peace and manners,self-reliance and common decency?Those are all values that White people strongly believe in.This is NOW.You be nice to people and they will be nice to you.

Edited by Fatso

I'm getting sick of seeing this, too. If I went to some of their countries and said I want you to change this and change that for me so it's more like my country, not only would I get a resounding NO, I'd probably get my head cut off. What b.s. Why does our country have to be so damn giving to everyone? It's causing divisions here. I say if you want to live here, then live with the traditions that we've established since the beginning of this country. If you don't like it, go back to your own country and it will be just the way you want it! Does all this seem insane to anyone else besides me? It's like the gay marriage thing. What the hell happened to this country????

What happened to this country is POLITICLE CORRECTNESS!!!!!!!

Tyson gives in

Tyson plant adds Muslim holiday, keeps Labor Day

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Union workers and officials at the Tyson Foods plant in Shelbyville, Tenn. have agreed to reinstate Labor Day as a paid holiday, but the plant will also observe a Muslim holiday this year.

Tyson had previously agreed to drop Labor Day and substitute Eid al-Fitr as part of a new 5-year contract. The change was meant to accommodate Muslim workers at the plant.

A news release on Friday from Tyson's corporate headquarters in Springdale, Ark., said the company requested reinstating Labor Day after some employees complained.

For the remainder of the five-year contract, there will be eight paid holidays, including Labor Day and a personal holiday that can be used to observe Eid al-Fitr or another day the employee's supervisor approves.

Tyson gives in

Tyson plant adds Muslim holiday, keeps Labor Day

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Union workers and officials at the Tyson Foods plant in Shelbyville, Tenn. have agreed to reinstate Labor Day as a paid holiday, but the plant will also observe a Muslim holiday this year.

Tyson had previously agreed to drop Labor Day and substitute Eid al-Fitr as part of a new 5-year contract. The change was meant to accommodate Muslim workers at the plant.

A news release on Friday from Tyson's corporate headquarters in Springdale, Ark., said the company requested reinstating Labor Day after some employees complained.

For the remainder of the five-year contract, there will be eight paid holidays, including Labor Day and a personal holiday that can be used to observe Eid al-Fitr or another day the employee's supervisor approves.

Fuck Tyson,,,,,They hire illegal immigrants,,,I will buy another brand if possible,,,immigrants should be legal and assimilate,,,,Americans are soft,spoiled and spineless."You massacared Native Americans" and then went on to build the greatest country in the world.Ta-da-da-da-da-da-da,,,,,Ta-da-da-da-da-da-da,,,Ta-da-da,,,Ta-da-da,,Ta-da-da,,,Ta-da-da" C-H-A-R-G-E.Modern populartion control method;make the citizens hyper sensitive to guilt..We all have a bloody history.All of our ancestors fought wars.There was no Government 'Free stuff' Only the strong survived

Edited by Fatso

Fuck Tyson,,,,,They hire illegal immigrants,,,I will buy another brand if possible,,,immigrants should be legal and assimilate,,,,Americans are soft,spoiled and spineless."You massacared Native Americans" and then went on to build the greatest country in the world.Ta-da-da-da-da-da-da,,,,,Ta-da-da-da-da-da-da,,,Ta-da-da,,,Ta-da-da,,Ta-da-da,,,Ta-da-da" C-H-A-R-G-E.Modern populartion control method;make the citizens hyper sensitive to guilt..We all have a bloody history.All of our ancestors fought wars.There was no Government 'Free stuff' Only the strong survived

I was just posting an article stating that Tyson went back on taking away Labor Day, NOT defending them. Like you, I believe if you want to come to America so bad, then you should be willing to do it legally, be willing to assimilate, and not expect any F***ing handouts.

I was just posting an article stating that Tyson went back on taking away Labor Day, NOT defending them. Like you, I believe if you want to come to America so bad, then you should be willing to do it legally, be willing to assimilate, and not expect any F***ing handouts.

Who said they came here from anywhere ? ya just never know there are actually Arab Americans that are even born in America . and just because they are born in America does not mean that they have to drop their heritage or family religious beliefs.

Thats one of the greatest things about this country you can believe in God, Allah or whoever on up to a damn Alien passing by in a space ship but we are all (legal immigrants or born nationals ) allowed the right to freedom of religion. Obviously this factory has a majority of Arab Americans that prefer a negotiated holiday for one of their religious days off no harm in that.Should the majority of this country not be able to spend Christmas or Easter away from there families ? I would say no.

Not saying as a non Arab person i would be happy to give up a traditional holiday but hell i didn't want to give up my pay raise in 05 ( first retiree VEBA) but the majority voted too so i didn't have much a choice this country is a democracy first and thats part of the process.

Who said they came here from anywhere ? ya just never know there are actually Arab Americans that are even born in America . and just because they are born in America does not mean that they have to drop their heritage or family religious beliefs.

Thats one of the greatest things about this country you can believe in God, Allah or whoever on up to a damn Alien passing by in a space ship but we are all (legal immigrants or born nationals ) allowed the right to freedom of religion. Obviously this factory has a majority of Arab Americans that prefer a negotiated holiday for one of their religious days off no harm in that.Should the majority of this country not be able to spend Christmas or Easter away from there families ? I would say no.

Not saying as a non Arab person i would be happy to give up a traditional holiday but hell i didn't want to give up my pay raise in 05 ( first retiree VEBA) but the majority voted too so i didn't have much a choice this country is a democracy first and thats part of the process.

I never said they came from anywhere. If you would read the post I was responding to, you would read the comment about "illegal immigrants and assimilation". That is what I agreed with. If anyone wants to come to the US, then by-all-means come. Just realize this new home has rules and traditions also. Fill out the necessary paperwork to become US citizens, follow our laws, and don't think that we have to change to accomidate you.