Help With MARVIN!

jesa602

This past Tuesday I called into MARVIN and I was told my check would be mailed out the next business day. Today is now Sunday and I still have not received it. About a week ago, I received a debit card from Chase Bank for Michigan's UIA on it with my name printed on it. I NEVER elected to have my unemployment benefits deposited onto this card and have NOT activated it either. I've always received my unemployment benefits the same week on a Friday or the latest Saturday. I'm curious from you out there if maybe it was put on this card or maybe the mail is just slower this week. I tried calling MARVIN, but of course its closed over the weekend. I do however plan on calling Monday and then elect to have future benefits deposited into my banking account.

Any input from you would be appreciated. Thank You!

If your in MI and need access to your money now activate your debit card and the money will be there, If you can wait call the unemployment office on Monday.

ASSuming your in Michigan see the link on the sub pay thread that will explain more from the Michigan.gov site. The basics = No More Checks , if ya did not make a payment selection by default ya got the debit card and will be paid that way you will have to call the number on that link i provided to elect to get direct deposit.

added the link because I am nice

Edited by lquidspine

Here's an update for those of you that live in Michigan... I contacted a Customer Service representative through MARVIN today. The Unemployment office has a special phone number for Ford Motor Company employees to inquire about their benefits. The phone number is 1-866-845-0077.

By default Michigan's UIA elects DEBIT CARD unless you call to change your option to direct deposit. When you elect direct deposit, it takes approximately. 2 weeks to go into effect. I was under the assumption that once you activated your debit card, you would no longer be able to change to direct deposit. THIS IS NOT THE CASE! Since the UIA put my benefits into my debit card I can go to any Chase Bank and withdraw all my funds through their ATM machine WITHOUT any fees. Then to deposit the funds into my financial institution. You do however need to call to activate your debit card first, choose your own 6 digit access code and a separate 4 digit pin number.

I was informed today that my next benefit payment would be directly deposited into my financial institution. Because I am claiming 3 weeks total.

I hope this information helps you! Michigan's UIA office should have informed us all of their new procedure of going paperless. It would have made it a lot easier and less stressful!!!

Here's an update for those of you that live in Michigan... I contacted a Customer Service representative through MARVIN today. The Unemployment office has a special phone number for Ford Motor Company employees to inquire about their benefits. The phone number is 1-866-845-0077.

By default Michigan's UIA elects DEBIT CARD unless you call to change your option to direct deposit. When you elect direct deposit, it takes approximately. 2 weeks to go into effect. I was under the assumption that once you activated your debit card, you would no longer be able to change to direct deposit. THIS IS NOT THE CASE! Since the UIA put my benefits into my debit card I can go to any Chase Bank and withdraw all my funds through their ATM machine WITHOUT any fees. Then to deposit the funds into my financial institution. You do however need to call to activate your debit card first, choose your own 6 digit access code and a separate 4 digit pin number.

I was informed today that my next benefit payment would be directly deposited into my financial institution. Because I am claiming 3 weeks total.

I hope this information helps you! Michigan's UIA office should have informed us all of their new procedure of going paperless. It would have made it a lot easier and less stressful!!!

I'm still getting checks. Until they notify me otherwise I will stick to getting my check in the mail two days later. I also had my sub check direct deposited today from last weeks unemployment for weeks ending 7/26 and 8/02 I thought that was pretty damn fast!!!!

I'm still getting checks. Until they notify me otherwise I will stick to getting my check in the mail two days later. I also had my sub check direct deposited today from last weeks unemployment for weeks ending 7/26 and 8/02 I thought that was pretty damn fast!!!!

Your a liar ! How the fuck are you still getting checks and i can't get one ? fuccccccckkkkkkkk.... Golfing, vacatoning, ocean's, traveling, etc.... How do you do it ? :banghead::banghead:

Your a liar ! How the fuck are you still getting checks and i can't get one ? fuccccccckkkkkkkk.... Golfing, vacatoning, ocean's, traveling, etc.... How do you do it ? :banghead::banghead:

If you already had an open claim for this benefit year, you continue to get paper checks. But, as soon as our benefit year runs out and we have to open a new claim we will be switched over to the direct deposit/debit card thing.

I don't know how I'm still getting checks. I'm certainly not going to worry about things that are out of my control. As far as my finances, I have never invested money in Ford Motor Company. My wife does pretty well for herself as well.