Decision Time: 2009 Focus...Or Another Import?

amtrakking

Well we all know how I'm going to respond to this, and if not, look at my signature. That being said, Nick has a great point. Why compromise so much in how much car you're getting if you don't have to. The quality of the Focus is great, and has been proven over many years. I work at a Ford dealer, so I get a demo, and get to choose pretty much what I want, and take a Focus whenever I can. Sure the Fusion is bigger, etc.. etc.., but the Focus is a blast to drive, has plenty of room, and the mileage is amazing. It's actually underrated... Alot. I recently took one on a two hour road trip on the NYS thruway. I set the cruise at 75 mph, and with the a/c on, knocked down 42 mpg! No bullsh*t. At 65 on a cooler day, I could have probibly gotten 45 mpg.(On the return trip the same day, I got 41 mpg, so it wasn't a tailwind, or downhill trip.) I have also sold my brother, mother, and sister Focii, and they all love them. The ONLY complaint was from my mother, who had a brake squeak when the car was cold. This was fixed by my dealership at no cost. The only other variable is really gonna be styling. Nick doesn't like the look of the new Focus, but it sounds like you do. I have to believe NOBODY likes the look of the Fit... Seriously. Have you seen it? It's a clown car. As far as getting a better deal on two cars, that might be the case if you have some trade-ins for the dealer to step into, but aside from the incentives, there's really only $500-$600 in markup in these cars for the dealer to give up. And that's for a nicely appointed one. Most dealers won't lose a deal over a couple hundred dollars, so offer them invoice for the car, and ask to see it. They'll bite. I hope you buy American, 'cause it's the right thing to do (I know some would argue), but in the end you'll get more car for the money, and nowadays, you're not compromising for quality... And you're not in a clown car!!!

Are these great mileage Focus numbers done with a manual or automatic transmission?

Edited by DUCKRACER