Layoff and Labor Day Holiday

jerseyshore

What I dont understand is you have been paid for this holiday for 15 years (or your senority) and because you are laid-off for a few weeks you dont get it. How in the hell did this get in the contract? (oh, by the way dude, puff puff puff if they are laid off they dont get holiday). Go figure.

We have a paid holiday on Sept 1st (Labor Day) but will still be on layoff at DTP, so how will this work. If we get paid do we have to report it to Marvin as earnings? Anybody know?
:stirpot: Talked to a guy from DTP Body Shop today. . . said he put in for LIMA, but is still waiting. . . Told me that Labor Relations said downtime is extended til Nov. . . Can anyone verify? Labor Relations won't answer my calls. :redcard:

Tell him don't hold breath for Lima,with Chicago cutting production and sales of Oakville products just holding steady don't think Lima will be adding anybody.....If any just a few....They say C-Crew for Lima is on hold indefinately...

With KCAP building trucks FORD don't need DTP.....Take rest of year off!!!!!

. . . Ok, General, plans are in motion to take the rest of the year off. This is the best vacation I've had in years, after working with the Mustang, in the DAP all those years. 6 days, 10 hours was the norm. . . Have a great X-mas ya'll. :reading: Edited by DTPmustangdriver