JSP's, if you didnt get called, what are you doing?

pillsbarry

So i thought i would start this to see how everyone else is doing. Sound off on what your plans for the future are.

My story:

I am in the JSP from Livonia with 98 seniority. I signed up for wayne both times, got it the first, did not get in on the second. Between the higher seniority in our JSP and the really high seniority working in are plant that took jobs at Wayne, i did not get called back to livonia either. So, that leaves me on the 85% roles and i am currently enrolled into school to get a degree in the medical field. I will be starting a part time job soon on the weekends and go to school during the week.

My thoughts are, that i may never be asked to step into a ford plant again, there are just no openings. So time to plan for a new career.

So i thought i would start this to see how everyone else is doing. Sound off on what your plans for the future are.

My story:

I am in the JSP from Livonia with 98 seniority. I signed up for wayne both times, got it the first, did not get in on the second. Between the higher seniority in our JSP and the really high seniority working in are plant that took jobs at Wayne, i did not get called back to livonia either. So, that leaves me on the 85% roles and i am currently enrolled into school to get a degree in the medical field. I will be starting a part time job soon on the weekends and go to school during the week.

My thoughts are, that i may never be asked to step into a ford plant again, there are just no openings. So time to plan for a new career.

I agree with your thoughts on poss.not getting back to ford.I have 2 jobs lined up to start once kids go back to school.They are something to at least keep up on bills.I am also looking into another field of work.Waiting for FORD is getting depressing!!!!

My story:

Did you work lead off in dept. 305? I can't say for sure but you might be back sooner than you think. There is quite a few people waiting for the buyouts to open up. Many of the 30 plus people are unhappy with the current situation because they actually have to work now. All the screw off jobs are gone. I intend to leave myself with 22 years. It's just not the same anymore since you all left. I hate day shift and all the white shirts that came with it. Cut the line to the bone. No more double up jobs.

No more double up jobs??? You would never make it in an assembly plant,it's probably best you do take buyout!!!

I'm quite sure that given the opportunity, you would take a double up job and I in turn would have no problem working whatever assembly line job that was given to me. Whatever the job is you have to do it if you want to get paid. The reason I'm taking the buyout is because I can and also to help some one like you keep their job.

no, i was not in 305, i was in the real part of the plant on the north end in machining. Yes the old timers are bitching, they stayed because they convinced themselves that they would still get O.T.....gosh they are dumb... most people in the plant know me,,,,,i'd rather not say right now.

oh,,we were put in on June 21.

My story:

Good for you.You will probably be better off in the long run.A medical field job is secure and nationwide.Good Luck