maf

coils

rebuilt injectors

tested injector pulse good

checked tps and iac voltages good

sprayed carb cleaner cant find vac leak

compression test all with in 5 of 165

the intake is new

could the intake leak in the valley and not be detectable bu spray? any help thanks in advance when i unplug the maf running mo change will check votage tommorow :banghead:

96 4.6 marquis idle bad in gear shakes... no codes

what has been done

New egr

pcv

iac

tps

o2 all 4

cats

wires

plugs

maf

coils

rebuilt injectors

tested injector pulse good

checked tps and iac voltages good

sprayed carb cleaner cant find vac leak

compression test all with in 5 of 165

the intake is new

could the intake leak in the valley and not be detectable bu spray? any help thanks in advance when i unplug the maf running mo change will check votage tommorow :banghead:

Well, for one, did you replace all these parts due to this problem?,

two, what happened before this mess began?

started with a bad intake that the heater bung pulled out and soaked plugs and wires. I worked at a parts store so parts were xtra cheap for me. so i changed the obvious stuff 1st .Figured new it would last longer for my kid. I noticed last night that when i unplug the maf while its running it makes no difference. i will check voltages and all today thanks

started with a bad intake that the heater bung pulled out and soaked plugs and wires. I worked at a parts store so parts were xtra cheap for me. so i changed the obvious stuff 1st .Figured new it would last longer for my kid. I noticed last night that when i unplug the maf while its running it makes no difference. i will check voltages and all today thanks

What does MODE 6 data show for missfire %?

What does MODE 6 data show for missfire %?

An engine is nothing but a big air pump. It needs Air, fuel, compression, spark, and the ability to release the exhaust in a free manner.

The 96 should be using OBDII technology on board the ECM.

A good scan tool, can help you diagnose what is wrong with the car, but I must warn you, that as a former fleet mechanic, in diveability, which I was good at, some problems can stump even the pros.

One quick question, where did you get the intake manifold from?

My advise, at this point it to consider removing the intake, and in inspecting the intake gaskets. Look for any sealing problems. If you have a propane torch, you can remove the torch part, and install a regulator, hose, and I used to use the aerosol can wands used for carb and brake cleaners, to add propane to the lower intake gasket sealing surfaces. Also, look for any wires that you may have left off, such as grounds.

Many jobs that I troubleshot from other repair facilities, had simply left the grounds off of engine, and it played havoc in locating the opens.

That is where a good DOV, wiring schematics, and just taking your time to retrace your steps would help to eliminate the problem with the intake replacement. I would also consider removing the computer ECM and begin probing the individual wires for correct voltages, grounds, ect.

thanks the manifold is a new dorman unit i tried the propane trick to no avail started testing all parts again i found that the canister purge solenoid diaphram is blown causing a vac leak. It was in a spot that propane or sprays didnt reach so i hope this is it. new part here in a day or so thanks again Jack