[quote naas taxis a few years back. Escapses and other minivan types are replacing them rapidly.

As far as a 300K police unit, forget it. Ours were towed off at 110k barely running.

Not so Fleet owners sued in Supreme court to block Mayor's demand for hybrids only. They won and now order LWB(P70) Crown Vics

They have the option of staying with gthe CV. The Escape is still very popular. Take a trip in NYC and you will see them.

The only reason you see them is because the law stated the vic's could no longer be used that was overturned this year .....take a trip to NY next year and I guarantee you see less escapes and more vics. I have had 3 escapes and there is no room in the back I would rather be comfortable in the back of a long wheelbase vic than a little escape thats my opinion. By the way the orders are coming in for the vics already. Also you can almost buy 2 crown vics for the price of one hybrid escape what you save on gas in the escape you spend on up-keep, vic parts are a dime a dozen.