saline

beaver

I can save you all a long drive and tell you they dont have an answer to if the blue people will be allowed to come back to Saline. So might just want to save your gas money. Plus one of us will post up any info if they do come to an agreement before tommorrow but I would say thats not likely.

I am sure Pete is doing everything he can to get the Blue back that left and he is also being careful because he would also like to keep the orange that he has. Unfortunately there is a bigger issue than Saline. What about Sandusky, Indy, Milan, Sheldon Rd., if the UAW allows Saline people to come back, why wouldn't they let the others go back also. Probably not going to happen. The best scenario I see is possible JSPers going back and having the right to return. ACHers are allowed to flow from ACH to ACH, so there is no contractual issue there. They will be coming to an agreement soon. :reading:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can save you all a long drive and tell you they dont have an answer to if the blue people will be allowed to come back to Saline. So might just want to save your gas money. Plus one of us will post up any info if they do come to an agreement before tommorrow but I would say thats not likely.

What is the reason for International, sitting in on a local 892 meeting? Are there other things going on or they just dropping by?

I am sure Pete is doing everything he can to get the Blue back that left and he is also being careful because he would also like to keep the orange that he has. Unfortunately there is a bigger issue than Saline. What about Sandusky, Indy, Milan, Sheldon Rd., if the UAW allows Saline people to come back, why wouldn't they let the others go back also. Probably not going to happen. The best scenario I see is possible JSPers going back and having the right to return. ACHers are allowed to flow from ACH to ACH, so there is no contractual issue there. They will be coming to an agreement soon. :reading:

Let me start off by saying that this could be a rumor. But from what I hear, "He is trying like hell to stop the blue from returning. We have a an election coming up in the first 1/4 of '09. If "x" number of blue return, That's "x" more vote's for someone else"

Its sounds plausible. FWIW.

Let me start off by saying that this could be a rumor. But from what I hear, "He is trying like hell to stop the blue from returning. We have a an election coming up in the first 1/4 of '09. If "x" number of blue return, That's "x" more vote's for someone else"

He wouldn't do something like that. :hysterical::hysterical::stirpot::stirpot: :happy feet:

Oh ye of little knowledge...... that is absolutely the farthest from the truth. He has had numerous discussions with the Region and NFD since JCI backed out about allowing the Blues to return. If you think something could be a rumor then it would probably benefit everyone more in these trying times to keep it to yourself instead of trying to tarnish someones reputation.

Oh ye of little knowledge...... that is absolutely the farthest from the truth. He has had numerous discussions with the Region and NFD since JCI backed out about allowing the Blues to return. If you think something could be a rumor then it would probably benefit everyone more in these trying times to keep it to yourself instead of trying to tarnish someones reputation.

Im not "trying" to do shit. If it's not true then it's no big deal right? My simple little post on blueovalnews is not going to tarnish his's reputation. Besides, He has done a good enough job on his own. He does'nt need any help.

If I was "trying" to add tarnish to is reputation. I would most definatley post something much more juicey then that. But I am respectful and I won't hit him below the belt. We don't need that shit right now.

Whatunion?-

The key note of the union meeting was one question that was asked by a brother who flowed back.

Q: Is there no chance of us returning to Saline, Meaning a done deal its over? (what was basicly said)

A: Im not going to say that. We are still in discussions, We should know more in a week or so on a final decision. (International)

Someone please add or omit where I may be wrong please.

Im not "trying" to do shit. If it's not true then it's no big deal right? My simple little post on blueovalnews is not going to tarnish his's reputation. Besides, He has done a good enough job on his own. He does'nt need any help.

If I was "trying" to add tarnish to is reputation. I would most definatley post something much more juicey then that. But I am respectful and I won't hit him below the belt. We don't need that shit right now.

Whatunion?-

The key note of the union meeting was one question that was asked by a brother who flowed back.

Q: Is there no chance of us returning to Saline, Meaning a done deal its over? (what was basicly said)

A: Im not going to say that. We are still in discussions, We should know more in a week or so on a final decision. (International)

Thanks for the info and the honesty

Whatunion?-

That pretty much was it , the are talking about it , however it's not a yes or no decision yet . JMO Iwould think Pete is trying for both blue and orange, however I also heard something about an election soon, he has no chance against Kanitz if they run against one another again. JMO.

Ya know.......it seems to me........a couple years ago we had a bunch of Visteon workers laid off for nearly a year (some with just a couple months seniority). Saline's union along with international managed to get not only them, but all the laid off visteon workers from all the visteon plants called back to work in Saline, turned them into Ford workers, and in only about a month or so offered them $100,000 to take a buyout. That tells me that if they want to get us back, they could. The question is.......Do they want to? :shades:

I'm not taking one side or another here , But be realistic, He has to be part of these talks, that doesn't mean he's for it. If I'm correct he has friends & family working there as temps.

This is a copy of the e-mail/newsletter that Mark sent out on Monday. That's the only thing I've heard, so far.

At our Union meeting last weekend we had many past Local 892 members attend who have flowed back to other plants. UAW International representatives Frank DiGiorgio and Don Jividen were in attendance to field questions from the UAW members.

Brothers and sisters from Locals 600, 900, and 931 came to voice their concerns. As always the visiting UAW brothers and sisters were welcomed with open arms.

The issues are twofold, many Saline Ford workers volunteered to flow back to other Ford facilities based on Mark Fields' statement "Sold or Closed by the end of 2008". However, the current economic environment has changed the company's direction for now. Our Visteon employees also expressed concern with JCI backing out of the purchase of the Saline plant. The future of their wages and benefits hinged on the agreement with JCI.

This was a very productive and orderly meeting, the Ford and Visteon workers were supportive of each other and hoped for a speedy resolution. Our members concerns are clear and we will continue to support the voice and needs of our members!

As always we will inform everyone immediately when we receive official direction from our UAW International staff.

Solidarity Forever,

Mark Caruso, President UAW Local 892