just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. im very excited, im actually picking up my "new to me" 2001 CV LX "sport" today :happy feet:

this is my actual first time owning a crown victoria. at my old job we drove them, and i thought they were very comfortable stock. i havent been in one for about 4 years until i rented a car & they supplied a grand marquis. then i remembered how comfortable it was. so that began my search & im ending up with the car im picking up today. it's a black 2001 with 74180 on the clock. anything i should watch out for?

rear view

front view

these are the pics from the dealer that had the ad posted. i cant wait to go and get it, lol.

My advice is grow thick skin, just buying a panther makes you a target of the haters. Heck, they hate Armada Master and he doesn't even OWN a panther!

That's ok, the :cheerleader: s hate P71_CrownVic too and he owns a Panther!

I figure we are damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Might as well keep banging the gong of truth when the necessity arises.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Welcome !

You may want to do a tranny flush as their fluid tends to lose its efficiency after that many miles of heat exposure. Otherwise its general maintenance stuff and maybe a change of spark plugs? :cool:

... and welcome back to me - been away for years (hanging out in the Mustang forums and lately at Crownvic.net and MercuryMarauder.net where I go by VictorCrown).

:D

Edited by Crownvic

That's ok, the :cheerleader: s hate P71_CrownVic too and he owns a Panther!

I figure we are damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Might as well keep banging the gong of truth when the necessity arises.

The dislike of P71 had little or nothing to do with his personal choice of vehicles. (It has been shown through his posts on other sites that he probably doesn't even own a Panther anyway.)

You....I don't think anyone hates you. Could be seen as a tad hypocritical though for defending a product even you wouldn't buy though. :shrug:

The dislike of P71 had little or nothing to do with his personal choice of vehicles. (It has been shown through his posts on other sites that he probably doesn't even own a Panther anyway.)

You....I don't think anyone hates you. Could be seen as a tad hypocritical though for defending a product even you wouldn't buy though. :shrug:

Holy Resurrected thread Batman! :finger: :reading: :banghead::hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

I would think me not owning a Panther would add weight to my arguments in support of it, since most of the Panthers owners on here are labeled biased or kooks by the overwhelming bulk of the :cheerleader: s. The Fusion is a product done right, and I also defend/like the Ranger and the Mustang, though I honestly can't see myself buying either one of those in the near future, just not practical for my purposes. I do see a Panther in my driveway in the near future though.