it's arriving this weekend

vichybrid

I am going to go out on a limb here and make an assumption that the layoff is a side effect of the primary reason our FEH's are not shipping. And that the primary reason is a major commodity issue such as waiting for delivery of engines, transmisstions or batteries. Maybe the batteries can't get to the plant due to the gas shortage in the South East? I base this on nothing more than the employment statistics of the plant, and my imagination. What other reason could there be to halt production on something they can't produce fast enough to meet customers needs? Wait, don't answer that, I don't think I want to know. lol

Anyway, they all come back on Monday, we'll hopefully start getting answers and "new" shipping dates shortly. From what I've heard from those who've already received their FEH's the wait is more than worth it, even if our "instant gratification" mindset makes us impatient as we wait.

I think I may have to blame the X-Files for my desire to find out whats holding our FEH"s up. Cause...the Truth is out there dammmit! :hysterical:

Kansas City Assembly Plant

Claycomo

MO - Missouri

USA

EMPLOYMENT

Current Total Employment: 4,683

Hourly: 4,433

Salaried: 250

PRODUCTION HISTORY

Current Products: Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Ford F-150, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Year Opened: 1951

Site Size in Acres: 1,269

Plant Size in Square Feet: 4,736,651

Product History: Falcon/Comet/Fairlane/Meteor/Maverick/Fairmont/Zephyr/Tempo/Topaz/Contour/Mystique/Light Trucks/Flareside Trucks/Lincoln Blackwood Truck/F-150 Harley Davidson SuperCrew/Mazda Tribute/Escape/ Escape Hybrid/Mariner/Mariner Hybrid

If (there's that word again) nobody was working on the SUV line due to a temporary layoff the last couple of weeks, it would stand to reason there might not be anybody available to fix whatever issue(s) might be holding up shipping of otherwise finished vehicles.

Like others have already stated, unless you actually work in that industry, just trying to understand the acronyms and terminology can be dizzying, so take what I said above with a lot of salt since I in no way put myself forward as an expert in this particular field (no do I play one on TV). :stop:

I am going to go out on a limb here and make an assumption that the layoff is a side effect of the primary reason our FEH's are not shipping. And that the primary reason is a major commodity issue such as waiting for delivery of engines, transmisstions or batteries.

Ford is facing a similar problem: it simply cannot get enough of the batteries to keep up with the demand for its Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner hybrid models, says spokesman George Pipas. Ford currently has access to only 24,000 of the special batteries under a contract it signed years ago, he says. "The supply of batteries is capped."

Global demand is ahead of global supply.

I quoted the following from an article in Time magazine earlier this year:

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/...1811773,00.html

This has got to be the biggest problem currently for hybrid cars.