it's arriving this weekend

vichybrid

It's arriving this weekend!

I am crazy excited!

:hyper: Congrats...I know you will love it. I have been driving mine (not a hybrid) for a wek now and have just under 400 miles on it and the more I drive it the more I like it. The I4 is a really strong engine and still offers great economy. I got 31 MPG on the open road returning from the dealership and I am getting just over 26 MPG putting arouind on my commute. I have found the brakes to be much more effective than the criticism I have read in the auto review sites, the turning radius is amazing. It is generally a great little truck.

It has been waiting for the truck now fr 6 days... the driver has no gas to deliver it... or something like that... I am in the Nashville/atlanta/Tallahassee gas triangle shortage area"!

I didn't get held up that long on my delivery, but mine was delivered to the wrong dealership. It added about 2 days on to my wait. The funny thing is the dealership it went to first was about 2 miles from my house. They then sent it to the dealership I bought it from about 40 miles away.

My escape has been sitting in Kansas City for more than a week. It is 10 days late because there is not much gas in the southeast... the irony of it all.

It may not be in for another week.

What was your "Produced Date"? Mine was September 15 and it still hasn't showed up at my dealer, now two weeks later, in the DC suburbs of Virginia.

What was your "Produced Date"? Mine was September 15 and it still hasn't showed up at my dealer, now two weeks later, in the DC suburbs of Virginia.

this should cheer you up..my escape has been built since August 15th and I still do not have the vehicle..The dealership keeps telling me they dont know much other than it was held because of quality control but I dont know why it would still take a month and a half and counting to deliver the vehicle.

this should cheer you up..my escape has been built since August 15th and I still do not have the vehicle..The dealership keeps telling me they dont know much other than it was held because of quality control but I dont know why it would still take a month and a half and counting to deliver the vehicle.

I understand your frustration. Although I haven't been waiting as long as you have once it was produced, but mine was built on 9/11/08 and still hasn't shipped yet. I ordered it on April 17th.

Ours was build on 9/12 and the dealership was told it would arrive 9/22. Ford Customer Relations shows a delivery date of 9/29.... Didn't show up yesterday and the dealership hasnt received a transit update since the 16th. Anyone have access to the rail tracking system?

Just spoke with Ford Customer Relations NY/NJ/PA Region and its confirmed. Our FEH is on quality control hold wiith no expected release date. :banghead: Our dealership was never notified of the hold, nor was Customer Relations. I've asked the CR rep to find out what caused the hold but she told me that they most likely won't provide that information to her. If anyone from KCAP reads this, could you please shed some light on it for us?

Wow, let me get this straight,

There are sooo many of us who actually know for a fact that our escapes have been finished for weeks now, and we don't physcially have the car for whatever delivery reasons?

The gas shortage is just one reason, it seems like there are other problems.

Mine has been in Kansas City for 2 weeks now...

weirdddd

Wow, let me get this straight,

There are sooo many of us who actually know for a fact that our escapes have been finished for weeks now, and we don't physcially have the car for whatever delivery reasons?

The gas shortage is just one reason, it seems like there are other problems.

Mine has been in Kansas City for 2 weeks now...

weirdddd

Given the proximity to Halloween, we should all remember that, like The Great Pumpkin of Peanuts fame, The Great Ford Escape Hybrid (GFEH) will only appear at dealers considered the most sincere. You can inadvertently cause the GFEH to bypass your dealer by merely saying or thinking "IF he comes", as opposed to "WHEN he comes". This could mean that the GFEH is likely to pass by anyone who doubts his existence, leaving you with no vehicle. :stop:

Living that close to DC, yours is probably in Jessup, MD. The have a huge holding yard right across the highway from the prison. The unload them from the trains, deploy them throughout the holding yard and pick them up by truck for delivery.

Mine sat there for about a week and was then trucked to the wrong dealership. :redcard: ..which added another day or so on to my wait.

It was definitely worth the wait. My I4 gas model is delivering around 27 MPG on my daily commute (country roads and suburban driving) of 38 miles a day.

Living that close to DC, yours is probably in Jessup, MD. The have a huge holding yard right across the highway from the prison. The unload them from the trains, deploy them throughout the holding yard and pick them up by truck for delivery.

Mine sat there for about a week and was then trucked to the wrong dealership. :redcard: ..which added another day or so on to my wait.

It was definitely worth the wait. My I4 gas model is delivering around 27 MPG on my daily commute (country roads and suburban driving) of 38 miles a day.

Thanks for the tip on where the train gets unloaded. Looking at a map, it makes sense in terms of being about 1/2 way between DC and Baltimore.

The vehicle may not have even left KCAP yet, so where the train stops may be a moot point at this stage.

Not too far off the subject, wasn't that particular prison closed over a year ago? I saw this article Jessup prison closed (PDF) that said the closing and transfer of remaining inmates was performed in near secrecy in early 2007.

Thanks for the tip on where the train gets unloaded. Looking at a map, it makes sense in terms of being about 1/2 way between DC and Baltimore.

The vehicle may not have even left KCAP yet, so where the train stops may be a moot point at this stage.

Not too far off the subject, wasn't that particular prison closed over a year ago? I saw this article Jessup prison closed (PDF) that said the closing and transfer of remaining inmates was performed in near secrecy in early 2007.

If you go into Google Earth and look at that area, the main prision at Jessup is only a small part of the complex. They have a youth offenders bootcamp, minimum security facility and several other separate buildings at the same location. In fact, besides the prision complex being on the opposite side of the highway, there is a state mental hospital for the criminally insane just behind the vehicle holding lots on the west side. Maybe that all serves to motivate the truck drivers to load up and move out so they don't pick up any unwanted riders.

Just got a call from my Ford Customer Relations rep. Still no word on what the quality control issue is or when it will be resolved. In other words, no idea as to when our FEH will ship. :censored:

I'd be real curious as to what the quality control issue was! I wonder if they just caught it and those already delivered have the issue and we may not be aware of it.

I'd love to know too. But either she can't tell me or like she says, no one will tell her. :finger:

Assuming (and I admit up front that's a bold statement) I pulled up information for the correct UAW Local (the one that is for KCAP) from the UAW Local 249 web site, the following might shed additional light on the situation in terms of when anybody will be available to fix whatever issue(s) that are involved with the holding of FEH and FEHL's produced since mid-September:

UAW LOCAL 249 BULLETIN

All hourly SUV production and support area employees (unless notified by your supervisor) will be on layoff from September 29, 2008 through October 5, 2008. All employees are scheduled to return to work the week of October 6, 2008 at your regularly scheduled start time.

Assuming (and I admit up front that's a bold statement) I pulled up information for the correct UAW Local (the one that is for KCAP) from the UAW Local 249 web site, the following might shed additional light on the situation in terms of when anybody will be available to fix whatever issue(s) that are involved with the holding of FEH and FEHL's produced since mid-September:

UAW LOCAL 249 BULLETIN

All hourly SUV production and support area employees (unless notified by your supervisor) will be on layoff from September 29, 2008 through October 5, 2008. All employees are scheduled to return to work the week of October 6, 2008 at your regularly scheduled start time.

I know you qualified it with 'assuming' so don't take this the wrong way but I don't think any of us should read anything into that unless someone from KCAP specifically explains what it means. By just reading that you do not know if that includes the Escape line or not. It could be that that is not a vehicle considered on the 'SUV' lines that are mentioned in that memo. I don't know what all vehicles are built there nor do I know how their employees are classified so I don't think it is fair for us to guess as to what that actually does or does not mean as to whether or not it applies to the issues that several of you are experiencing with your vehicles.

I know you qualified it with 'assuming' so don't take this the wrong way but I don't think any of us should read anything into that unless someone from KCAP specifically explains what it means. By just reading that you do not know if that includes the Escape line or not. It could be that that is not a vehicle considered on the 'SUV' lines that are mentioned in that memo. I don't know what all vehicles are built there nor do I know how their employees are classified so I don't think it is fair for us to guess as to what that actually does or does not mean as to whether or not it applies to the issues that several of you are experiencing with your vehicles.

In an effort to try and find out who at KCAP was affected by this TLO I started reading some of the topics over in the "employee only" section and looking things up on the web. Got sidetracked just trying to understand all the types of layoffs. Skilled workers, production, tlo, ilo, etc etc and so on....my head started spinning and I wanted to puke. I don't envy anyone who works for the automotive industry, I'd go nutz just trying to figure out if it was my turn to go back to work.

Plus the vehicles built around the 15th have had two weeks to fix things before the 29th layoff, so it's unclear to me that this layoff has anything to do with anything.

I am going to go out on a limb here and make an assumption that the layoff is a side effect of the primary reason our FEH's are not shipping. And that the primary reason is a major commodity issue such as waiting for delivery of engines, transmisstions or batteries. Maybe the batteries can't get to the plant due to the gas shortage in the South East? I base this on nothing more than the employment statistics of the plant, and my imagination. What other reason could there be to halt production on something they can't produce fast enough to meet customers needs? Wait, don't answer that, I don't think I want to know. lol

Anyway, they all come back on Monday, we'll hopefully start getting answers and "new" shipping dates shortly. From what I've heard from those who've already received their FEH's the wait is more than worth it, even if our "instant gratification" mindset makes us impatient as we wait.

I think I may have to blame the X-Files for my desire to find out whats holding our FEH"s up. Cause...the Truth is out there dammmit! :hysterical:

Kansas City Assembly Plant

Claycomo

MO - Missouri

USA

EMPLOYMENT

Current Total Employment: 4,683

Hourly: 4,433

Salaried: 250

PRODUCTION HISTORY

Current Products: Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Ford F-150, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Year Opened: 1951

Site Size in Acres: 1,269

Plant Size in Square Feet: 4,736,651

Product History: Falcon/Comet/Fairlane/Meteor/Maverick/Fairmont/Zephyr/Tempo/Topaz/Contour/Mystique/Light Trucks/Flareside Trucks/Lincoln Blackwood Truck/F-150 Harley Davidson SuperCrew/Mazda Tribute/Escape/ Escape Hybrid/Mariner/Mariner Hybrid