VIN # to Production

zoomlmk

Getting back to the original subject of this thread (how long does it take from order receipt to production), here's the average days by order receipt month from Order Receipt date to Produced Date, using the small amount of sample data I have available:

• April 114
  • May 99
  • June 68
  • July 56
  • August 37

As others have already noted, the speed has increased month by month.

Edited by fmorriso

Getting back to the original subject of this thread (how long does it take from order receipt to production), here's the average days by order receipt month from Order Receipt date to Produced Date, using the small amount of sample data I have available:

• April 114
  • May 99
  • June 68
  • July 56
  • August 37

As others have already noted, the speed has increased month by month.

This post is a good representation of the timelines. One should keep in mind that production did not begin until June 23 so most (but unfortunately for some not all) orders in April, May and the first part of June then took the beginning slots (this includes both gas and hybrid models) thus you can see the timeline being longer in June and July. Hopefully this trend of speeding up will continue for all those still waiting. I hope those pre-orders still not received are hurried up so we can get to the point of only looking at current orders for those waiting.

This post is a good representation of the timelines. One should keep in mind that production did not begin until June 23 so most (but unfortunately for some not all) orders in April, May and the first part of June then took the beginning slots (this includes both gas and hybrid models) thus you can see the timeline being longer in June and July. Hopefully this trend of speeding up will continue for all those still waiting. I hope those pre-orders still not received are hurried up so we can get to the point of only looking at current orders for those waiting.

GreenLantern makes a good point about when production officially started, so if you pretend that all orders that I have tracking information for that were received prior to June 22 were instead received on June 22 (the day before production began), the average number of days from Order Receipt to Produced Date becomes:

• "June": 59 days (29 vehicles)
  • July: 56 days (4 vehicles)
  • August: 37 days (3 vehicles)

Edited by fmorriso

Agreed considering the "original" subject was VIN to production, not order date.....

Thanks for catching that compuation error (using Receipt Date instead of Serialized Date, which is when the VIN is actually generated). Serves me right for trying to run the analysis and watch football at the same time. :banghead:

The corrected values are:

• May: 46 days (sample of 7 vehicles)
  • June: 46 days (sample of 3 vehicles)
  • July: 30 days (sample of 8 vehicles)
  • August: 28 days (sample of 17 vehicles)

Edited by fmorriso